Time Travel?

These recent stories got me thinking that time travel can only be invented up to a time before an asteroid hits earth and wipes out mankind or a solar flare takes us out or an alien invasion. The fact that there is no concrete proof that people amongst us are from the future ie proof of their technology indicates to me that a serious event will hit earth at extinct level and stop time travel from ever existing.

These recent stories got me thinking that time travel can only be invented up to a time before an asteroid hits earth and wipes out mankind or a solar flare takes us out or an alien invasion. The fact that there is no concrete proof that people amongst us are from the future ie proof of their technology indicates to me that a serious event will hit earth at extinct level and stop time travel from ever existing.

Acapulco Gold? 6966.gif

Yes, I know, but why the theories?

I think it was due to quite a few discrepancies? :)

I think the wind was blowing toward the book depository, yet witnesses said that they had smelt gunpowder at street level?
I think one of the bullets seemed to come from a completely different direction, and was a fragmenting type, whilst Oswald was using full metal jackets?
I think the FBI/CIA confiscated any cameras etc from witnesses.
No one was allowed to see what was left of JFK's skull, to determine the bullet angles?
Jack Ruby murdering Oswald in public, them killing himself?
I think there was a lot more dubious events too?

I think i think too much? lol

The only drawback with this form of time travel is that it is irreversible, so you would be stuck permanently in the future.

The astronauts who went to the moon are the fastest humans ever and each trip carried them about half a second into the future.
So the astronauts are stuck half a second ahead of us? lol

I guess if any of them suddenly become world record holders at card games like "snap" then we know it's true ;)
Haha lol

So if someone did say 20 laps of the moon and back, you could take full advantage of William Hill in match betting.

Cash out now Buzz, Leeds have just scored the equalizer.

I think you need Einstein / Hawkins like IQ to even grasp it lol.

I start thinking about it, then decide nah that won't work. and end up tired of thinking about it lol.

Reading that there is infinite parallel universes makes me happy, as in one of them I have actually won the euro millions lol. £8.50 yesterday :)

Mick

[QUOTE="bamber,
The astronauts who went to the moon are the fastest humans ever and each trip carried them about half a second into the future.[/QUOTE]

I was telling Ethel about this, she said thank feck your not a astronaut it would be over before we started. :eek:

what period in our past history would you go back to, for me it would have to be 22nd November 1963, my problem is where would I place myself, the grassy knoll? or the book depository? :D
Hey Dave, problem solved I'll come back with you I'll take the book depository you cover the grassy knoll and but since I'm already in the future I can tell you someone here will bring-up the possibility of a shooter being the 'bodyguard in the car' so we're gonna need another person to join us to cover that. :eek:

However we may have a slight issue to overcome first as Prof Brian Cox has already shown that the answer to whether or not it's possible to travel into the future is "yes, you can go into the future. You've got almost total freedom of movement in the future" but going back in time, or even returning to the present, would be slightly trickier.

In this clip Cox undertakes an experiment with a light showing that time moves faster for a stationary clock than a moving clock, which appears to move more slowly over the same length of time. His conclusion is that time travel is possible, but only into the future!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For a more detailed discussion watch this from Australian TV:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been reading a few stories recently in some of the daily rags of people claiming to have done it, I was curious to think if it was possible, and I don't for a moment think it is lol, what period in our past history would you go back to, for me it would have to be 22nd November 1963, my problem is where would I place myself, the grassy knoll? or the book depository? :D
You have always lived in the past Dave you dodgy git. No change there doc.

I think I'd go back in time.........at least then my HD on vermin sports will work and I'll be a bit younger.......ffso_O

Back