Time to do something with my PS3

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine wants his ps3 downgraded so thought sod it might as well..

mine is CECH-20XX and downgradable to 2.60 (using fake update PUP) so im assuming an e3 NOR device will work for me ok

my friends is a Cech-2503a so waiting to hear back his results for version no to see if i can downgrade that for him..

question is should i use the e3 solderless to do both consoles obviously keeping it acctached in mine or is there a better tool or method.

prefferably solderless

and where the best place to get the flashers cheap ?

Mucho grasis :)

Both consoles can be downgraded using the E3 NOR flasber, but you will need to update the E3 firmware with the samsung update.bin file which will allow your E3 to dump and write NOR multiple times. You could try amazon or aliexpress and expect to pay around £40-£60 price mark. Once you downgraded the console there is really no point in having the E3 attached to it unless you want to run a dual boot setup which also means again you need to update the E3 with latest original update.bin file.

Quick question: Can the E3 NOR flasher downgrade both fat and slim.

Quick question: Can the E3 NOR flasher downgrade both fat and slim.

If it's a NOR based machine then yes. If it's a NAND machine then no.

Mashed a few buttons on my phone to achieve this post...

Both consoles can be downgraded using the E3 NOR flasber, but you will need to update the E3 firmware with the samsung update.bin file which will allow your E3 to dump and write NOR multiple times. You could try amazon or aliexpress and expect to pay around £40-£60 price mark. Once you downgraded the console there is really no point in having the E3 attached to it unless you want to run a dual boot setup which also means again you need to update the E3 with latest original update.bin file.

Cheers. And ouch that's still quite pricy. Will have a gander thanks.

Mashed a few buttons on my phone to achieve this post...

guys do it on fleabay for £30 including return delivery i got offered an E3 for 55 but I took the easy option and got someone else

Or he could just look at my signature as I do offer the service :proud:

guys do it on fleabay for £30 including return delivery i got offered an E3 for 55 but I took the easy option and got someone else

Takes the fun out of doing it yourself..
Or he could just look at my signature as I do offer the service :proud:
how much you charging.. may suggest to my mate to send it to you

Good price, though I got the limited edition but it's not needed. The standard one does the job. That external HDD docking came in handy though with other hard drives and for use on PC or smart TV.

just saw one for £30 but yeah that looks tasty... guy in uk selling the ltd edition for £70 but thats a bit pricey for my liking

I their a clip that can be bought for the E3 so Nor/Nand to downgrade either?

E3 announced a clip for the NAND but it never materialised. Also a clip on it's own will not be enough as a new update/software for the E3 will be required to be able to read/write the NAND. Progskeet can do both but currently can't find a NAND clip and I tried the soldering option first time which failed after soldering and desoldering 40+ points, hence I went the E3 way. Time and cost wise it is not worth it and it's just better to get a NOR console since majority of the downgradable PS3's are NOR anyway.

Back