Is my ps3 bricked

justeve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well I have been keeping a eye on the sony ps3 cfw and decided that I thought I learnt enough to downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41(I dont know why I wanted to downgrade but did it anyway)it all went fine on 3.41.
I installed a couple of retail games with Gaia_V1.04 and my confidence was growing,So I put a few apps on it and decided to put a couple arcade game package files,which is where my problems begain not one arcade game worked so decided its time upgrade :Clap: as I thought maybe that's where the problems are.
Downloaded the proper sony 3.55 firmware and installed it then put on Waninkoko 355 FW UPDATE V2,the ps3 booted up but no backup mangers would install or work where they did on when I was on 3.41 :proud:.
Sooooooooo I downgraded back to 3.41 using my jailbreak device to get into service mode https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253171/#post1872688 and put the 3.41 PS3UPDAT.PUP and the Lv2diag.self on a usb and restarted ps3 with my controller,all was going well my usb device was flashing and then it stopped flashing after 5 mins.
I waited a few more mins and thought it must be done by now BUT THE green light didnt start flashing and shut the ps3 down.
So I powered it down myself and restarted it,but got welcomed to a black screen and green light which stays on.
Is it fooked :proud:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have been keeping a eye on the sony ps3 cfw and decided that I thought I learnt enough to downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41(I dont know why I wanted to downgrade but did it anyway)it all went fine on 3.41.
I installed a couple of retail games with Gaia_V1.04 and my confidence was growing,So I put a few apps on it and decided to put a couple arcade game package files,which is where my problems begain not one arcade game worked so decided its time upgrade :Clap: as I thought maybe that's where the problems are.
Downloaded the proper sony 3.55 firmware and installed it then put on Waninkoko 355 FW UPDATE V2,the ps3 booted up but no backup mangers would install or work where they did on when I was on 3.41 :proud:.
Sooooooooo I downgraded back to 3.41 using my jailbreak device to get into service mode https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253171/#post1872688 and the 3.41 PS3UPDAT.PUP and the Lv2diag.self on a usb and restarted ps3 with my controller,all was going well my usb device was flashing and then it stopped flashing after 5 mins.
I waited a few more mins and thought it must be done by now BUT THE green light didnt start flashing and shut the ps3 down.
So I powered it down myself and restarted it,but got welcomed to a black screen and green light which stays on.
Is it fooked :proud:

why did you try wankoko cfw you must really like a brick should of tried to read this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/255695/. im no expert maybe thommo or someone else may help more but all read the warning first mate

Last edited by a moderator:
why did you try wankoko cfw you must really like a brick should of tried the full work cfw im no expert maybe thommo or someone else may help more but all read the warning first mate

v2 doesnt brick...or non reported ive heard of.

as for the problem ive no idea as ive not even looked into downgrading ect...

you could try recovery mode with the firmware on a usb stick, but if you cant do it via recovery mode id say its goosed unless anyone else knows better.

v2 doesnt brick...or non reported ive heard of.

as for the problem ive no idea as ive not even looked into downgrading ect...

you could try recovery mode with the firmware on a usb stick, but if you cant do it via recovery mode id say its goosed unless anyone else knows better.

ahh didnt see the v2 but i know you would first on to help mate

Sadly I was running before I could walk and I'd like plead stupidity

recovery mode if it will work for you

put ofw on a stick 3.55

insert in ps3

turn ps3 on holding the power button down...keep pressed down

it will switch on then switch off

hold power button again, when you hear 2 beeps release the power button

if your in luck you will enter recovery mode.

if not ive no idea for you.

Theres no display but when I try to enter recovery mode the ps3 just shuts down,my other ps3 works fine on my setup, maybe I'II try the non hdmi leads later
turn ps3 on holding the power button down...keep pressed down

it will switch on then switch off

hold power button again, when you hear 2 beeps release the power button

if your in luck you will enter recovery mode

Last edited:
Theres no display but when I try to enter recovery mode the ps3 just shuts down

if you followed the instructions it will shut down the first time you hold power button down, it will come on then switch off, press and hold the power button again you will hear beeps when you hear 2 beeps release the power button.

if you have done that and theres no recovery mode then i cant help no more...ive never downgraded or looked into downgrading, but if it cant be rescued by recovery mode then i can see any other way to bring it back to life.

if you followed the instructions it will shut down the first time you hold power button down, it will come on then switch off, press and hold the power button again you will hear beeps when you hear 2 beeps release the power button.

if you have done that and theres no recovery mode then i cant help no more...ive never downgraded or looked into downgrading, but if it cant be rescued by recovery mode then i can see any other way to bring it back to life.
Yep done this and then some still no joy,oh well spare parts it is then.
But in the mean time I'II learn to read a bit more of the tutorials:Devil: before I dive in.

I can't belive it I managed to fix it by putting a lv2diag.self made by jaicrab and the 3.55 ps3 update on a usb.(I used 3 or 4 different lv2diag files previously)
The usb starting flashing and shut down with the green flasing lights.
So I restarted it and saw I was in service mode where my problems began.
Im Soooooooooo damm happy thanks for the tips anyway guys

Back