timber decking

dont forget some small support legs in middle to stop the bounce or are you leaving it on blocks

just nipping to screwfix,,,,,,,need some bit,what did u lot use for the posts,,,coach bolts or coach screws,an have you got screwfix linky lol.......posts are 3.2 and joists are 2 inch thick

ta

These should do the job, exteria coach screws

Exterior Coach Screws - Coach Bolts & Screws | Screwfix.com

Coach bolts would offer a more secure fitting but can come under do to expansion / shrinkage. I actually used coach bolts with nylon threaded nuts, you can get these from ebay.

I used Coach bolts as well, with a kinda spiky washer inbetween each piece of wood to stop any movement :)

ended up with these as i thought for the price and plenty left over for any other projects as i can never find screws or bolts and stuff when needed :proud:

When i loooked at your pics, which look like a good job so far, I was wondering, do you need to put anything down to stop the weeds growing up?

theres about 3 inches of that fine grey gravel stuff underneath the flags,dont know the name.plus cemented between the flags,done me mams front garden with weed barrier doubled and the coonts still came through so thought feckit

Not a bad idea with the cement between the flags. Like to think that should do the job alone but weeds can obviously be stubborn b*st*rds!

When i loooked at your pics, which look like a good job so far, I was wondering, do you need to put anything down to stop the weeds growing up?

If you want to slow down weeds then lay double layer of weed control fabric and top off with a layer of 10mm gravel. However you will still get seeds being blown around which could germinate on the gravel but they shouldn't grow much.

IMG_20110422_193100.jpg

IMG_20110429_200453.jpg

quick update.removed flags and relaid as they used to collect water and also made the area bigger as the decking was going there

IMG_20110417_185350.jpg

Hi just a thought looking at the picture make sure you don't breech the damp course you cant see it due to the paint make sure your flag stones are below it leave a 3 inch gap between the brick and flag and infill with pea gravel
I would recommend keeping the decking on blocks and not fixing it to the house wall

few bits to do yet,rails at the front.close of sides .woodfiller where i countersunk some screws then stain it.will get a better pic once done,camera on phone is crap unless it has good light

few bits to do yet,rails at the front.close of sides .woodfiller where i countersunk some screws then stain it.will get a better pic once done,camera on phone is crap unless it has good light

It is looking good Bro :D

I can highly recommend cuprinol decking stain + oil :) used it on a few deckings now and it seals lovely :D

Cuprinol Brush & Spray Decking Oil & Protector Natural Oak 5Ltr

That is the gear, comes in a couple of shades and even clear :)

already bought some stuff mate,supposed to be good,liberon decking oil

Well done m8 but don't forget to fix the flood light :proud:

Not Bad that Bro well done m8 tidy job Id start mine but the world is going to end in 2012 lol

Really Good :Clap:

How Much did It cost you all together m8 give or take a few quid :Fish:

Back