Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This old house

Teeny

Inactive User
While out driving through Otford Kent the over day while doing deliveries, i see this house and just had to take a picture of it with my phone. The last time I see a picture of a house likke this was when I was at school....lol

During the times of: ....how we used to live...lol

I am 5'1" and the door it self was smaller then me...lol I was just so amazed to see that houses like this still excist....lol and this house was in perfect condition..lol

Very nice Tina, maybe it's a hobbits house! ;)

lol, now theres a possiblilty!

@Tina, i know what you mean i was driving past my old neighbourhood and the old houses built pre1900 are still there with the original given names! makes you wonder how times have changed. out with the old and in with the new!

That's genuine Tudor half timbered. So we're talking about 1500-1575ish. I doubt if any of the dross they build nowadays will last that long.

omg...i was just thinking i wonder what it's like inside....lol
i'm gonna try to think back to where i was when i see this house and google the address, see what it brings up...lol

i googled it and and a full view picture of it...lol

and some history about the village, but i just copy and pasted the bit about this house...this house is called...Pickmoss

From what I am reading i think it may have been built in 1307, but i could be reading it wrong.
Roman settlement of the area was well established and several sites have been identified within a 12km radius of the village. Roman bricks were found in the garden of Pickmoss, a house built for Flemish weavers in 1307 and a villa was excavated on the downs along the Pilgrims Way in 1926.

Back