This old house

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
While out driving through Otford Kent the over day while doing deliveries, i see this house and just had to take a picture of it with my phone. The last time I see a picture of a house likke this was when I was at school....lol

During the times of: ....how we used to live...lol

I am 5'1" and the door it self was smaller then me...lol I was just so amazed to see that houses like this still excist....lol and this house was in perfect condition..lol

a ghost house that really wasnt there??

....probably a listed building..lol

If you liked that Tina, you ought to visit Stratford-Upon-Avon sometime.

thats amazing its still standing, looks around 1800 period to me... maybe older. WOW.

That's genuine Tudor half timbered. So we're talking about 1500-1575ish. I doubt if any of the dross they build nowadays will last that long.

omg...i was just thinking i wonder what it's like inside....lol
i'm gonna try to think back to where i was when i see this house and google the address, see what it brings up...lol

i googled it and and a full view picture of it...lol

and some history about the village, but i just copy and pasted the bit about this house...this house is called...Pickmoss

From what I am reading i think it may have been built in 1307, but i could be reading it wrong.
Roman settlement of the area was well established and several sites have been identified within a 12km radius of the village. Roman bricks were found in the garden of Pickmoss, a house built for Flemish weavers in 1307 and a villa was excavated on the downs along the Pilgrims Way in 1926.

Back