This is Why the World is Obsessed with Facebook

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Each day, the Vimeo Staff picks one of the best videos that were recently uploaded to Vimeo and features it over the "Vimeo Staff Picks". One of the recent featured videos is for Facebook obsessed folks, which almost 73 percent of US internet users are (totally taken from the video).

Facebook.jpg

Do you think you’re obsessed with Facebook? Do you spend more time socializing online or offline? Do you check your notifications every night before you go to sleep? Have you recently started to read your news online? If you answered yes to any of them, chances are you’re obsessed! And when you will read the stats, you will be surprised!

Oh! I missed this one, do you keep track of the breakups of the people you stalk via Facebook? Interestingly, a lot of folks do and that is the Facebook obsession!​
[ame=http://vimeo.com/20198465]The World Is Obsessed With Facebook on Vimeo[/ame]

May be you want to read some of the news from us on Facebook now?

Im 1 of the few % that isnt on facebook lol any one else not on ?​

me,i hate the place,i did have an account but the wife has taken it over and has some 200 odd friends,i really don't like the social networking cr@p i think it causes to many problems,divorces, lying even death.

there is good sides,people finding family etc but for the most part it's for nosey people or folks looking there end away.

i do have a few friends on the wifes account and do nosey on it and post the odd bit off guff tho

Me neither, wife has (does not use it much) and my eldest son has.

I have no intention of having an acoount, causes too much greif.

I get moaned at enough for using this site,lol

My hubby had a facebook account and started playing one of facebook games (Mafia wars) In order to help him get further in the game I signed up. I started playing the game myself then I opened another account so I could help myself out with the game on the my original account, before you know it you are addicted. you think ok in half an hour I can go on to that game and do x then back to the other game after that and do y. I stopped playing these games becuase it was getting to the stage that the games were affecting my real life. when that happens it's time to quit.
One of my friends in particular is now at the stage where she spends anything between 4 and 11 hours a day on facebook mainly playing their games. I have other friends who regularly spend a minimum of 2 hours a day on there.

The whole aim of facebook is to keep people on their sites for as long as possible. whether it's playing games keeping in touch with family and friends or just being plain nosey and snooping on others who will quite openly publish every detail of their lives.This allows facebook to make lots of nice money with their sponsers and advertising or from the really addicted game players who buy additional bonuses for their games.

Think nail was hit on head when my daughter was showin her friend how it was cool to surf on our big plasma thru the home theatre PC. She didnt bat an eyelid at the stunning Avatar film,she just said 'Or Wow - can it get Facebook?'

Don't use it...Don't see the point...Totally wastes peoples time...for peeps who need to big themselves up....and kids

... on others who will quite openly publish every detail of their lives.

That's one of the great dangers. Stuff posted on the internet never goes away.

Young people are posting stuff that's going to come back and haunt them in later life.

That's one of the great dangers. Stuff posted on the internet never goes away.

Young people are posting stuff that's going to come back and haunt them in later life.

Not just the young mate, I found some photos of our Local "Brown owls" Cleavage with ratings from 1 to 10.
Her nephew gave her a 3,lol

I have found it both a useful and useless tool at the same time, great for finding old mates and long lost family, but that's where it stops for me.

What really grates me is people updating their status's with "going for a shower" or "just watching the Jeremy Kyle show" "having my tea" etc etc, you can see where im coming from or these pi55 poor games they play 24/7. People asking for friend requests who you don't even know grrr.

But in the next breath Ive gotten back in touch with some really good mates from my Army days which in all honesty would have been quite difficult, nigh on impossible without Face book. So i suppose its down to you as an individual really and how YOU use it

A useless useful timewasting dangerous exciting site.

Going for a bath, then having my tea. I'll post a pic of my tea when it's made. ;)

and here`s me thinking i was on me lone some pmsl

I really dont see the point.
I dont see how anyone can have more than about 20 friends, and be able to maintain those friendships properly.
And some of the horror stories that I hear about embarrasing info that gets posted on Facebook honestly appalls me.
I have heard of a guy finding out that he had been dumped by his girlfriend of 5 years when his Mum told him that she had read about it on facebook.

facebook is okay, it's a good way to stay in touch with people, and get in touch with old friends you might have lost contact with over the years.

the games can get a bit addictive, but they also get boring after a while so i've blocked quite a few of them, and only play a couple now.

it's actually a great way for local businesses to advertise and find customers, as people that live near each other tend to have each other on their friends lists :)

Last edited:
I use it to find/keep in touch with mates from the past.
After the initial surge I just have a quick look every day or so.

Now for twitter, what the f*** is that all about?

It's a very good tool for finding people, even phone numbers!

I think if you are 30 years or younger then it will appeal more to you. If you don't yet have an account, I think you will have in the next two years!

Some people don't even realise they are on it i.e. on other peoples photos!

Last edited:
Back