Thinking of upgrading to HD box, need advice

Dazmeister

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was one of the early adopters to the 500C (with the diddy remote) but now has come the time to upgrade me thinks. I just got myself a new pioneer 1080P plasma which is the dogs danglies and want HD material. :silly:
Thing is, I also got a seperate blu ray player so i am guessing I would be wasting my money buying a DM8000 (couldn't really afford it anyway). So would the DM800HD suffice?
Also, as I got a NAS drive which I currently use to record SD stuff from the 500C, would i still be able to use this with the DM800 without any issues? i.e. does HD material require a rock solid connection and therefore a internal drive better suited or would I still be ok using the NAS (hard wired via a hub)?

Oh and can anyone point me in direction for further info (images./setup etc) as not a lot comes up when searching.

Cheers for your help :drink:

I dont think the DM800 has a HDMI connection, if it doesnt then might be a waste upgrading.

You could also consider the new Eurovox ex7000hd, they sell for around £180.

If you spend £180+ upgrading to the HD box which of the 2 HC channels will you watch ?

If you spend £180+ upgrading to the HD box which of the 2 HC channels will you watch ?

The HD box will also upscale standard def channels so overall you will get better quality compared to a standard def box

The HD box will also upscale standard def channels so overall you will get better quality compared to a standard def box

thats another question I was gonna ask. I just assumed it could decode all the SLY HD Movies, Sports etc. like the 500C, I take it it doesn't? If thats the case, there aint much out their to watch as you say.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I got my Dreambox DM8000 from Dreamboxshop UK paid £869. Fantastic kit and value for money. I was saving for this for last 2 years. Great picture quality, excellent sound waited one week after payment as they promise me. and its delivered on time and made my Xmax enjoyable. I just received the email from SMS in Camberley Surrey that they have DVD R/RW DVD+RDL ultra speed multi region for DM8000.
I will recommend the boxes if you have few pennies saved up

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I got my Dreambox DM8000 from Dreamboxshop UK paid £869. Fantastic kit and value for money. I was saving for this for last 2 years. Great picture quality, excellent sound waited one week after payment as they promise me. and its delivered on time and made my Xmax enjoyable. I just received the email from SMS in Camberley Surrey that they have DVD R/RW DVD+RDL ultra speed multi region for DM8000.

Cheers

How fookin much ??? You must be mad mate

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Why is it so damn expensive? What can it do that other £200 receivers cant do?

Has there been a revolution in cable HD channels or something that I missed? Last time I looked there was only one, the BBC HD beta channel.

8000 has multiple tuners so you can mix up cable and sat or record multiple transponders while watching something else. Really only worth it if going down the sat route using CS to open up all the HD stuff. Still hideously overpriced.

Personally, if I had the money I'd buy a better valued HD receiver and spend the rest upgrading to sat. The 800 will give you HD and a plugable tuner so you can always upgrade to sat tuner in the future if you still want to stick with cable for now

New dreambox dm500hd is coming out can not what going to be under £200
i was serfing youtube at its on there
the new dreambox dm500hd

Back