Thinking of purchasing this camera

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good look around an i really can not find another camera that gives you this much bang for buck. Ive also looked at some photo's on flikr etc. Any alternatives?

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/5004339/art/fuji/finepix-s2500hd.html

depends on whether you want a bridge type camera, not pocket cam but not dslr, the one your interested in is neither pocket or slr its a pocket type made to look like a slr.

for the money you cant go far wrong with a panasonic lumix camera, i had (sold it to missus dad) a nikon d40 dslr and it took great photos as you'd expect as it was a full on dslr camera but i did find it a bit big to take on holiday or even just out for the day, the lumix i have now is a pocket camera and id say it gives just as good results as my d40,

not quite as good for the perfectionist but damn close, best point and shoot camera ive ever owned and easy to take with me unlike the d40.

id suggest either a point and shoot or a full dslr for the extra cash,

i just cant see the point in having a big lump of a camera that is basically a point and shoot inside. if you want a lump camera that takes the best pics save a bit of cash and go for a real dslr camera.

other wise go for a good point and shoot like the lumix.

choice is yours at the end of the day and if you like the big type cameras i would save and go for a real dslr.

just to add aswell dont go for the highest mega pixel thinking it will give you the best pics either, mega pixel talk is for the masses who dont know any better. a good lense and a good processor is what counts not the mega pixel count.

Last edited:
I do like the look of it and i thought it was bigger because of the super zoom feature?

Ive looked at the compacts and they don't have as good features for the price.

The other option is somthing like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Digital-SLR-EOS-300D-REBEL-Camera-Fast-shipping-/250722383160?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item3a6037f538

You want this puppy :)

ht tp://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2008/08/22/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ28/p1

you would be surprised how poor these super zoom cameras are, yes they zoom but the pics are crap mate, if they where that good why are they in that price range? buyer beware if it seems too good and all that.....

some of the point and shoot cameras have good zooms on them and take better pictures.

as for the one in your link, id do some research on it first and also be aware that its the body only so no lense with it and they can cost believe me they can cost.

tbh the picture they show as an example isnt a good picture for those people who have or have had dslr's seems a bit blurry to me and im not talking the background im talking the plant head which is supposed to be crisp, maybe just a bad user on the end of it though lol.

cheap isnt always best in the land of dslr, the camera may be cheap but you can be guaranteed you'll get hit in the pocket for lenses.

honestly the choice is yours but when it comes to this sort of thing is want the best for my cash, not the best out there as id be skint and be paying it off for the rest of my life lol.

i cant make a choice for you but i will say 2 which id suggest, one point and shoot the lumix and one dslr which is the nikon d40 (cheaper than they was as new model out) or the nikon d60, there the lower end priced dslr's but the best for the cash you'll spend.

note the d40 is one of them i was talking about, the body can be got cheapish but the lenses cost a fortune as the motor isnt in the body itself but actually in the lense.

cant beat the quality of picture tho but as i also said the lumix point and shoot produces as good results from a pocket camera.

choice is yours but i would say again, go either point and shoot or dslr dont go for a bridge type camera as you'll only regret it and want a full slr down the line anyway lol.

I did read independant reviews on the fuji and it came out alright.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_finepix_s2500hd_review/

You want this puppy :)

ht tp://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2008/08/22/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ28/p1

Too much money im afraid unless you wanna lend me a ton.

Last edited:
I did read independant reviews on the fuji and it came out alright.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_finepix_s2500hd_review/

Too much money im afraid unless you wanna lend me a ton.

mixed reviews under user reviews on that site tho, end of the day you got to go with user reviews as there the people who are living with the camera, one guys review wouldnt sway me to buy any camera.

as i said choice is yours and if you like it go for it, im not trying to put you off that one but you did ask for other suggestions.

im sure i looked at that camera when i was in the market for a new one, i spent hours reviewing comparing ect... before i went for the d40 was a lot more at the time but worth it andi did the same wheni bought the lumix.

just get what you think you'll be happy with as i know cost does come into it sometimes, but in saying that a lumix isnt far off the price of the one you've looked at.

go for one of the point and shoot lumix there cheaper than the one posted earlier. same quality.

i can get the fuji for £126 the lumix is £200+ though thats the thing.

i can get the fuji for £126 the lumix is £200+ though thats the thing.

the lumix posted that is.....

you can get the compact point and shoot lumx cameras for around the money of the one you posted.

all depends on what size camera your after, the one you chose may well be ok for you but id hate for you to buy something based on price and size when you could get so much better quality pictures from something else as at the end of the day its not the camera we want its the pictures it takes that are important.

by the way is the quote thing broke or are you editing your posts as i type lol.

I've got Fujifilm and Nikon digital cameras, I'm pleased with both of them.

That is, I *was* happy with them until I saw my mates pictures taken with a bottom of the range SLR camera, they blew me away.

If you are in any way serious about photography, I'd go after a SLR of some sort.

I should add that I'm not a photographer in any measure, I was just really impressed with the quality of his cameras images compared to both of mine.

Might find a bargain option here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=camera

Back