think i need a new ariel

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi folks i`m needin a bit of advice i have just got bt vision the problem is that when i do a scan i only pick up 14 channels that cant be right so what do you think i should do i can see my ariel cause i live in a block of 4 flats

mike

hi folks i`m needin a bit of advice i have just got bt vision the problem is that when i do a scan i only pick up 14 channels that cant be right so what do you think i should do i can see my ariel cause i live in a block of 4 flats

mike

Not sure if you've got it fixed or not yet but if not you can:
a) open the cover on your wall socket to make sure your lead is got a good connection.
b) Run a new shielded line from your TV to the wall and from the wall to the antenna.
c) Make sure your antenna is pointed at the correct tower & is angled the correct way (Horizontal / Vertical)
d) Upgrade your antenna.
e) Install a mast head amp as close to the top as possible (Making sure you are still using the best shielded cable.
f) Use a mid line signal booster to ensure you have adequate signal to your TV.
g) Give up and install a Satellite dish or arrange for cable/IPTV

You prob need a new ariel cause without having to change my original ariel I can get at least 65 channels.

ps. you could try changing the ariel coaxial plug (might be wet).

snp-g.

you need to make sure you have a wideband aerial, it picks up the full frequency range, 21 to 69.

you need to make sure you have a wideband aerial, it picks up the full frequency range, 21 to 69.

Not true in most cases - depends what transmitter your receiving the signal off of.

If you can use a banded aerial for your transmitter rather than a wideband use one, it gives a much stronger signal with minimal interference. Wideband are the lazy aerial installers choice as they are a jack of all trades.

Back