think i f**ked it

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was trying to install xmbc as dash so i followed this guide which seemed easy enough

Part Three - Changing Your Dashboard To XBMC

Obviously, if you're happy with UnleashX as your dash, you're now done, but to really get the most out of your softmodded Xbox, you need XBMC as the dash.

First thing to note. Whatever Xbox Executable (.xbe) is called "default.xbe" in the E:\dashboard\ folder will get booted by your Xbox when you press the power button. So thats where we are going to install XBMC.

Grab the latest version (see my thread here) of XBMC, preferably a "T3CH" release. Extract it to a temporary folder.

First make sure your network settings in Unleash will let you see your Xbox on the Network (Systems - Settings - Network). I'm afraid explaining all of this is a bit beyond the scope of this tutorial, but its pretty straight forward. You should then be able to use the IP address and the Username and Password of "xbox" to FTP into your Xbox.

Navigate to your E:\dashboard\ folder.

AT THIS POINT, MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT ABOUT TO HAVE A POWER CUT!

Delete EVERYTHING in there, and transfer the contents of your XBMC folder in there instead. Just a quick note on the directory structure, it should read E:\dashboard\default.xbe and NOT E:\dashboard\XBMC\default.xbe.

That should be everything. Reboot, and change your skin to the awesome MC360 skin, and enjoy.

now when i boot up i get an error 22:xbe targets not found etc etc etc

i pressed a to reinstall dashboard from a backup it seems to do it ok but when i boot it up again it is still the same,if i try to do the softmod again it wont let me coz it dont see the savegames,i had this prob once before but managed to do a softmod,,,,,,,,,,,,is there any other way i can do it by disc or do i have to mess about connecting my hardrive to the pc,,,

thanx in advance

Hi mate have you tried the auto installer deluxe v3 that does it no problem
as worked for me hope this helps

Hi mate have you tried the auto installer deluxe v3 that does it no problem
as worked for me hope this helps

cheers timmayy,i have that on my pc hardrive,i just wanted to know how someone solved it before i tryed anything,,,,will have a go of it now thanx

why didnt i use auto installer deluxe v3 before i have had it on my hardrive for weeks,not only did it sort my problem out it put xbmc on my xbox as dash and that is f**king cool:mexican:

Back