The Pr, Ps and Y connectors ???

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

got my new LCD last week... its great.. only problem is that it only has two scart leads and I have more than two equipments...

now, I know I can get the scart extension things.. but I wanted to connect my DVD recorder to the above Pr, Ps and Y connection..

Question is, on most equipments (ie DVD players etc) there are three jacks Yellow (for video) Red and White (for audio).. now behind my lcd they are five in total.. two for Audio in and three for Pr, Ps and Y.

So anyway I can connect my audio to the audio jacks and the Yellow lead from the dvd player to anyone of the Pr, Ps, or Y for video ???

havent tried yet as wifey has just finished papering the room.. just wanted a wee advise so I can get all the wires organised..

Please advise

Hi guys,

got my new LCD last week... its great.. only problem is that it only has two scart leads and I have more than two equipments...

now, I know I can get the scart extension things.. but I wanted to connect my DVD recorder to the above Pr, Ps and Y connection..

Question is, on most equipments (ie DVD players etc) there are three jacks Yellow (for video) Red and White (for audio).. now behind my lcd they are five in total.. two for Audio in and three for Pr, Ps and Y.

So anyway I can connect my audio to the audio jacks and the Yellow lead from the dvd player to anyone of the Pr, Ps, or Y for video ???

havent tried yet as wifey has just finished papering the room.. just wanted a wee advise so I can get all the wires organised..

Please advise
no m8 pr,ps,y r composite
i think u can get a scart conector with composite on sop u can use a composite lead with the scart addapter

yes i was correct

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scart-Adapter...ryZ15067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry i am wrong
i ment componant

but i still think there is an adapter
or lead
lol

Just check first

YPbPr is component video, check the colour of the connections(back of the tv) if they are red green and blue you wont be able to use them if your dvd doesnt have component out.

A lot of tvs do have a normal composite video input (yellow) normally to plug in a camcorder and you could use that instead

smashing... but this one is for input only... guess the stuff i need is expensive.. need to work overtime for a week to afford it.. pmsl

says in the listing he does a scart out adaptor to component. so that would be fine.

than all you need is some component leads

EDIT: it'll only work if your dvd sends out component video through the scart out.

lidl do silvercest dvd/divx player for £30 has compnent out and it plays any file you throw at it. also has a usb input so no more burning cd's

Last edited:
if all you want to do, is use the component input on the lcd - then the cheapest option by far is to get a dvd player with component output (20-30quid).

Back