The new website

ye wouldn't touch a site that the only contact address is a po box but for returns that's fine

Well it's taking a complete change in direction now I think. Iv decided to take away all the 'services' and just keep it as some kinda blog thing for now. Maybe setup a business in the near future.

I don't want to turn into a middle aged man that sits and scans malware on some kids laptop because he keeps clicking the 'free software' pop-ups as that's where my time was spent. Id rather not get paid and keep learning.

I don't have much time at the moment to make any major changes, but I kinda like the 'IT is what we do' slogan. I stole it from an un-named company that sent me a rejection letter for a job application just reciently.. unlucky

But if there is any points that I would say is this:

Number 1- Always ask a community such as DW what they think. Just when I thought it was almost complete, There were so many things that I had overlooked.

Number 2- Is there a way to change my handle? ryan301 is soo not me. I dont know where my head was when I filled that box in.

I was also made aware of the difficulties that colour blind people have..

Hello
ryan301

Your site looks very good :)
Hears some constructive criticism That i hope you will like?
IMO the about us part of your site is the most important on any site and yours is good but if it where me i would have how long you have been doing wot you do.
when talking about a project you have done it is best to have pic's to show how it turned out or to show the proses of doing it and always be sure of wot you done and how you done it, to show you learned from it.
Look at it like a job interview.
im not saying there is anything wrong with it, im only giving my opinion and hope you dont take it the wrong way, i know wot its like putting alot of time into a site and having it as good as you can to have anyone say i would change that because etc, its not the time making the changes but deciding wot changes to make that takes the most time.
Again i really like the hole site and wish you the very best of luck with it :)

Well it's taking a complete change in direction now I think. Iv decided to take away all the 'services' and just keep it as some kinda blog thing for now. Maybe setup a business in the near future.

I don't want to turn into a middle aged man that sits and scans malware on some kids laptop because he keeps clicking the 'free software' pop-ups as that's where my time was spent. Id rather not get paid and keep learning.

I don't have much time at the moment to make any major changes, but I kinda like the 'IT is what we do' slogan. I stole it from an un-named company that sent me a rejection letter for a job application just reciently.. unlucky

But if there is any points that I would say is this:

Number 1- Always ask a community such as DW what they think. Just when I thought it was almost complete, There were so many things that I had overlooked.

Number 2- Is there a way to change my handle? ryan301 is soo not me. I dont know where my head was when I filled that box in.

I was also made aware of the difficulties that colour blind people have..

Will reply tomorrow, I have a headache :)

Hello
Again
Ryan

I hope you dont mind me giving you more feedback?
i went to your facebook page from the site and saw your logo? or is it your main logo?
Point im trying to make is you need to have a logo that will not change at the start of your business so that people will know it when they see it and think of you.
Your facebook page should look like your website, so much that it is a little version of your site but just on facebook-twitter-google+ etc
If people see a big difference in the 2 they will think why is this comp doing this and if they start to think anything like that man its not good ( im no expert im only trying to help )
Have a look at this: [SALE] SOCIAL LEAD FREAK - NEW Special Bonuses This will help you not only get more likes/customers but give you tools you need to make your facebook page look like your site.
You dont need to buy this software PM me and you can use the one i own ;)

Hello
Again
Ryan

I hope you dont mind me giving you more feedback?
i went to your facebook page from the site and saw your logo? or is it your main logo?
Point im trying to make is you need to have a logo that will not change at the start of your business so that people will know it when they see it and think of you.
Your facebook page should look like your website, so much that it is a little version of your site but just on facebook-twitter-google+ etc
If people see a big difference in the 2 they will think why is this comp doing this and if they start to think anything like that man its not good ( im no expert im only trying to help )
Have a look at this: [SALE] SOCIAL LEAD FREAK - NEW Special Bonuses This will help you not only get more likes/customers but give you tools you need to make your facebook page look like your site.
You dont need to buy this software PM me and you can use the one i own ;)

Hi slyboxhd,

Thanks for the tip.
The FB page is far from complete so thats the reason for not advertising it on facebook yet. I was just experimenting with the GIMP to make a logo but I also see that it would need to match the website.

Would a PO box address suffice for 'the law'?

No M8, a full geographic address is required.

But what really puzzles me is it seems to be all arse about face? I mean, you would normally research the business idea, test it, get it up and running THEN look at promotion.

How can you design a website if you don't yet know what to sell? As for not wanting to spend your time getting malware off kids laptops, why not? It's not rocket science and you'll trouser £30-£60 notes per laptop with zero overhead.

That's decent margin and decent margin equals good business :)

Last edited:
No M8, a full geographic address is required.

But what really puzzles me is it seems to be all arse about face? I mean, you would normally research the business idea, test it, get it up and running THEN look at promotion.

How can you design a website if you don't yet know what to sell? As for not wanting to spend your time getting malware off kids laptops, why not? It's not rocket science and you'll trouser £30-£60 notes per laptop with zero overhead.

That's decent margin and decent margin equals good business :)

The whole idea was to get it on my CV and apply for tech jobs. It kind of started turning into my own business.

Back