Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The more you help, the more you get sh!t on!!!

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
What to fcuk is some peoples problem, yes word of this post will get to who its aimed at, and yes, as the lottery says 'ITS YOU!!'

On another site, i joined up a while back, and was 'invited' to be a beta tester. I also found myself in a position to pass findings DIRECTLY to where they needed to be, this touched a nerve. i was removed from the section.

now everything that i do with receivers etc, i do so that the end user can benefit from it, i dont care how they get it, and im on most forums, and if im directly asked for help on any of them, ill answer.

now, everything that i find that i think may be of use to others, i post here, other people also know this, so, when im 'guided' towards something new, the intention of the person guiding me is that they want it found, right?

then all hell breaks loose

im on the other side of the world, not even online for 2 weeks, come back, and find that the majority of my access to said forum was removed. then yesterday, i notice a thread questioning something, so i post an informative, factually correct (as far as im aware at this time) reply to it, and within minutes, access to every part of the forum is removed and i cant see anything, have some balls and ban me instead of putting me in a cant see nothing usergroup and removing all of my posts

i hope alls well with bob, i did ask but i wont get to see any replies

YOU asked me to find it remember, some of the sites admin want the glory more than they want to help

abuse of power mate thats all it is, just share your knowledge on the forums with members who appreciate it.

I just noticed I have been also denied access to anything but the Introduction thread lol

Naughty boys lol

I don't know what your referring to per se, but personally it's just childish behavior, and it's certainly no way to admin/mod a forum. Talk about alienate your user base...

If people can't accept constructive criticism, factual feedback or otherwise then they should go back to the drawing board, because they obviously have no idea about encouraging growth or a creating an open community.

i also wouldnt mind betting that their signups of new members to a certain section has jumped since 8/11 as well, as without it being publicised (as asked) on DW and my blog, would it have got the attention that it has, i very much doubt it, as on another 4 forums ive also seen it on (copy pasted from DW with the original credits) theres been a little interest in it, but, its there if people want it

at the end of the day though, ill still post information i find that will help others, no matter where its come from

The more you help, the more you get sh!t on!!!

Unfortunately, its always been the case with the majority of forums seeming to treat their more knowledgable members as little more than commodities to be 'squeezed' in order to get useful information.

tbh, I suppose the forums are only acting in the same way that the majority of individuals also act.

its a shame coz 1 guy from there is nice and seems to be the brains behind it all

I too had certain rights removed lol, I only went there when I was advised too like yourself Digi

:Laugh: just logged in and I see the same as you wiz pmsl thing is I submitted a request from the usercp for my account to be removed, why didnt they just act upon my request ?

Last edited:
All i can think of, is that some people must have 'issues' with DW for whatever reason, as the same info has been copy / pasted from DW to quite a few other forums, yet nothing is kicking off anywhere else.

it makes me wonder, should we go like other forums, and remove anything that mods / admins 'just dont like', but then DW wouldnt be the place it is today, where people can say what they want (within the forum rules) without having to worry if theyre saying 'the right thing' or not

All i can think of, is that some people must have 'issues' with DW for whatever reason, as the same info has been copy / pasted from DW to quite a few other forums, yet nothing is kicking off anywhere else.

it makes me wonder, should we go like other forums, and remove anything that mods / admins 'just dont like', but then DW wouldnt be the place it is today, where people can say what they want (within the forum rules) without having to worry if theyre saying 'the right thing' or not

That happens here and I have had first hand experience from that ;)

But the question was "should we go like other forums, and remove anything that mods / admins 'just dont like', but then DW wouldnt be the place it is today"

So shouldn't really be any other circumstances tbh either you do or you don't :p

Daz there will always be times, when certain threads or posts get removed for example social engineering, or intentionally trying to bait members into an argument. As those types of threads are not helpful to new members and can show the forum in a poor light.
However the way we are moving is that we will not censor or remove posts or threads.

Back