The Human Centipede II banned from UK release

bod

Inactive User
Reaction score
Human Centipede movie sequel sparks controversy

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3201435929/
According to the Press Association, the sequel to the original horror movie is so chilling that the BBFC refuses to classify it.

The UK's movie ratings body has taken the unusual step of refusing outright to classify a new horror film - and warned there was a real risk of harm to viewers.

The film is a sequel to last year's stomach-churning Human Centipede about a mad scientist who grafts three kidnap victims together.

But the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has ruled no amount of cuts would allow them to give the new film - The Human Centipede II - a certificate and said the movie may fall foul of the Obscene Publications Act.

The original film was given an 18 certificate and was shown in cinemas, and film festivals, before being released on DVD.

Film distributors had applied to release the follow-up on DVD but its rejection means it cannot be legally supplied in the UK.

The BBFC concluded that the thrust of the film was the "sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture and murder of his naked victims".

It said: "There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience."

The BBFC said the film breached classification guidelines and "poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers".

The first film caused a stir when it was released last year by Dutch director Tom Six but it was thought to be suitable for adult viewing.

The ratings body said that "although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting, it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film".

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

oooooooooooo Look forward to viewing this:proud::FLASHER:

Im not sick just interested :Dunce:

from what my mrs has told me what she read about it I dont think I wanna watch it :puke:

Looks interesting lol.....

cheers bod

Just looked on imdb looks like theres a 3rd coming in 2013,1st part can be d/l on most torrent site nothin yet for 2nd movie

Last edited:
I would not normally watch horrors but the fact its banned I think I will watch it lol.........:proud:

I watched part of the first one. Not very often I turn a film off but I made an exception for Human Centipede as it was excruciatingly bad. No big loss if the 2nd one is banned.
HH.

im sure this will be just as poo as the first, surprised its banned though!

Have a read why its banned

Full explanation from the BBFC can be seen below (contains material that may offend)

"The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the ‘human centipede’ of the title. Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at ‘18’. This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the ‘centipede’ idea into practice. Unlike the first film, the sequel presents graphic images of sexual violence, forced defecation, and mutilation, and the viewer is invited to witness events from the perspective of the protagonist. Whereas in the first film the ‘centipede’ idea is presented as a revolting medical experiment, with the focus on whether the victims will be able to escape, this sequel presents the ‘centipede’ idea as the object of the protagonist’s depraved sexual fantasy.

The principal focus of The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture, and murder of his naked victims. Examples of this include a scene early in the film in which he masturbates whilst he watches a DVD of the original Human Centipede film, with sandpaper wrapped around his penis, and a sequence later in the film in which he becomes aroused at the sight of the members of the ‘centipede’ being forced to defecate into one another’s mouths, culminating in sight of the man wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the rear of the ‘centipede’. There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. It is the Board’s conclusion that the explicit presentation of the central character’s obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of its Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers

i read about this today at work. looked for the first one to d/l straight away,

even if it is spose to be crap i want to see it lol

and deffo want to see the second film :proud:

Director defends
Director defends ‘sexually violent’ film

This is what Six had to say:

“Thank you BBFC for putting spoilers of my movie on your website and thank you for banning my film in this exceptional way. Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn't a good horror film be horrific? My dear people it is a f****cking MOVIE. It is all fictional. Not real. It is all make-belief. It is art. Give people their own choice to watch it or not. If people can't handle or like my movies they just don't watch them. If people like my movies they have to be able to see them any time, anywhere also in the UK.”

The censoring of the F-word, ironically, was done by Six himself

Saw the 1st one it was crap.

I think the 2nd one is banned so people will watch it because anyone who has seen the 1st one wouldn't waste their time with the 2nd one.

people will always watch something if it's banned just to see what they might be missing.

i just had to watch the 1st film pmsl....

what a load of crap.

feed her, feed her, feed her...... lmao

has anybody managed to get hold of this yet,i know its out uncut in australiaa

I remember a short while ago (cough), films like i spit on your grave being banned.....and even then people had copies and yet now, it was remade and I think even the original is available.

Same principle.

Doesn't float my boat tbh, i just see it as a low rated crap movie that would waste an hour and 20 minutes of my life.

Back