The case of the horrendous bathroom...

No prayers needed if using push fits or soldered joints I've never had a leak, the system works!

But I do always as you have said let it sit for a while just in case, belt,braces,two condoms and a parachute at all times, never say oh! That will do, it'll be fine.

Zoom in on the shower base it's not had silicone around it yet, when the joints are this tight a two or three millimeter seal is enough and so much easier than a huge one.

The second picture is an example of a pain in the ass of a client, she couldn't choose a border but liked two shades of Grey so bought a pack of each tile and made a border by hand.

Cut the tiles up,filed the edges,stuck them on some scrim in pattern and stuck them on the wall.

DSCF0289.JPG5showerview.JPG

All good then :)

Health and safety!

Mick

On the silicone front, not a wet finger, a clean licked finger. Masking tape where required then let it set up a bit and rub the excess away. Finally wash down with a sponge and a little warm water.

What a transformation ! :Clap: It looks like you have a tidier result with silicone sealer than I manage.
Assuming any masking is removed asap, how long do you leave it before rubbing the excess away, and before wash down with sponge ?
I end up going like the clappers, before it skins, maybe that's where I'm going wrong.
It's not too bad when I've finished, but I'm sure it could be better.

Looks like there's a kitchen on its way on the strength of this :)

Been looking at mine for a few years now, and it's going to have to be a complete rip out, then start again.
Maybe next year (again) ! :)

Oh Bugger...

...so I thought I'd ask for the odd referral. Well, I didn't think my jobs were too bad so maybe the odd one or two now and again would work out.

I'm bloody booked up for bathrooms and kitchens now until the end of bloody August.

All I can assume is there must be a load of REALLY crap fitters out there...

...does no fooker give a crap anymore???

Oh Bugger...

...so I thought I'd ask for the odd referral. Well, I didn't think my jobs were too bad so maybe the odd one or two now and again would work out.

I'm bloody booked up for bathrooms and kitchens now until the end of bloody August.

All I can assume is there must be a load of REALLY crap fitters out there...

...does no fooker give a crap anymore???

Secret members, living nearby ?;)

The weight of that trumpet must be killing you ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

@danforth

No masking required unless you are really crap :D

Run required bead of silicon you need then spray fine mist of water on it, smooth with finger, it won't stick to wet surface so excess will be removed as you smooth :)

@danforth

No masking required unless you are really crap :D

Run required bead of silicon you need then spray fine mist of water on it, smooth with finger, it won't stick to wet surface so excess will be removed as you smooth :)

Tried many things, but never thought of that. Many Thanks !:)

Back