THE BEST shooting game EVER

Doom for me too, although Doom II was better.

I used to run up huge phone bills playing Deathmatches :)

Modern games my fav is probably Americas Army on the PC.

I only had an amiga when doom was out on pc. So the closest I could get to that was Alien Breed 3D. I used to play it in a window about the size of my avatar pmsl.
But by the time I got a pentium pc, Quake was out & that's my favourite :)

my favourites were
commodore ....ikari warriors, commando , rambo
amiga, operation wolf
ps2 time crisis M.G.S
xbox ,halo
360, G.O.W(online)

Last edited:
mine have to be.

.Team Fortress 2
.Counterstrike
.Quake 3
.Unreal Tournament
.Medal of Honor(1st original game)

I agree with the previous posts about N64 Goldeneye, it was such a milestone in gaming.

Since then Unreal Tournament since the demo came out in '99. I am still a (sad) clan player at aged 43.

I remember getting my first PC and my mate who built it put Half Life on, and that intro on the monorail blew me away.

Love the Tom Clancy games especially R6.

Strange really, I have a 8800GTX and all the backup but goldeneye on the 64 still amazed and grabbed me more than anythiung else.

Messa

Biggest jump in graphics i can remember was when Unreal was released and it needed a new fangled 3DFX Voodoo card to run, fooking amazing at the time seeing that castle fly-by :)

I agree the Half Life intro was also special but that came much later.

You are right, the haunting audio,the rippling water and the flaming torches as you flew around that castle, still remember it.

:)

Mesa

mine goes too socom navy seals on the ps2. Was hooked for months and months.
Closely followed by battlefield

forgot to say
speedball on amiga.
and slapfight on the arcade machines

Wolfenstein 3D or Doom. They are the originators, honestly revolutionary for their time, everything else except for the multiplayer element, is an enhancement rather than a revolution.

Has anybody tried those gaming vests that are meant to simulate getting shot etc.

wolfenstein started all, was the first in the old spectrum and first XT computers. Now I like the unreal tournament games.

Best has to be MOHaa Breakthrough when we all used to play online :)

Back