Thats it !! Never gonna use sigma ever again!!

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
Gave on last chance and had a play around with it.
had it running well with a cloned mac but wouldn't take the config and then froze up.
Reflashed the bootloader but nothing.
I can't be bothered reflashing sigma again , when the original firmware works trouble free and just put a high mac address on.
If i wanted a modem that got kicked off and needed re-setting ever day???
I buy myself an ambit!!!!

A Sb400E is on route to me - got pissed off with me SB5100E could even flash it - tried it on several computers - the amount I’ve soldered and unsoldered the pins.

On the SB4200e using fiberwire do you even need a mac for it to work?

yeah you need to get a mac from outside your area.

The sb5100e is ok just as a clone,it works great.
You should have a pin heared on it really. if your soldering and unsoldering wires on it (and we all know it's not a one off job) thats what f*cks it.

You'll love the sb4200e.
Works 100% and once you get the hang of it it's easy to set the mac and config.
I think i still got a tut in the downloads,but it's for blackcat method. Best use netboot/max223/233 method to be on the safe side.

Yeah try the Non Locked firmware guide in my signature. If it works your laughing and you don't even need to open up the modem.

If it don't work use the locked firmware guide.

can someone tell me what this sigma is about? ive been at the modems for agood while now and never used sigma once and have had no problems what so ever with them. i just change the mac if the modem is from my town if not i use the bios then the mac.

so whats the sigma for????

Sigma-X (Sh!tma-X) is a hacked firmware for the Motorola Surfboards m8.

Sigma is firmware invented so that people buy more paracetamols.

name750 said:
Sigma is firmware invented so that people buy more paracetamols.

lololololololololol VERY true!

I've had alot of headaches over the past week with Sigma and an SB5100 as a few of you will know with another thread. Even after all my troubles I really dont think Sigma is the main cause of the problem. Dont get me wrong, sigma has its bugs.

I have built all of the JTAG Interfaces that are floating around the forums and after using them all, I found the most stable was the simple interface, the one with no buffer, directly wired into the LPT port, and at that, it would only work 100% when the wires were less than 12 inches long.

With all of the interfaces I dumped the contents of the modems flash repeatedly to see if there were any differences and found that 3 of 5 dumps were different, only by a few bits but enough to cause a random error.

So far, using the sigma firmware, the modem is running stable (its being tested on 4 modems right now). It was getting the flash to program 100% correctly that was the problem.

never liked sigma by the looks of it neither fiberware.

SO how do we get a 100% flash then?

Is there a way to flash via NIC once we have a hacked firmware on?

lol all u feckers with ur surfboards flashing away wasting 45mins of ur life each time eh :D if u add that up when u die u would have saved urself a good year in flashing time rofl. tbh why bother? my ambit works like a dream doesnt kick/boot me off or nowt works 100% now no problems ive been on 10meg for the past 2 weeks i think now no issues at all :) :Cheers:

Only been on 10meg for 2 weeks LOLOLOLOLOL. Sh*t my modems were running the 10meg pack the day it was released lol. Never get kicked off, never had any probs at all.

My Ambit 120's all work fine too. My 4200's worked fine too. Now my SB5100's are working fine and now I'm starting work on some Ambit 250's (interesting stuff). What can I say, I'm one of those feckers that like to learn, keep upto date with the latest technologies, etc. :Cheers:

I didnt find any particular way to to make sure the flash was 100% perfect. I just kept flashing, dumping (I could get arrested for that kind of behaviour) and comparing until all comparisons matched.

From what I can see you can update the firmware from Sigma, not tried it as yet though. :)

KeepGood2006 said:
From what I can see you can update the firmware from Sigma, not tried it as yet though. :)

Please sir...... MORE......?

yo tcniso ars selling sb4200e for the uk http://www.tcniso.net/index.php i dont no if this will help anyone but this is what they said

TCNISO is now offering cable modems 'optomized' for the United Kingdom.

https://www.tcniso.net/shop/product.php?productid=24&cat=1&page=1

The price is 69.99 USD + shipping and includes a modified SB4200 cable modem running SIGMA 1.5 UK edition. It allows you to change from Docsis to E-Docsis, and includes a UK socket adapter!

Any comments to suggestions?

plus postage!!
Now they got to be coming from the guy who's selling them on ebay.
They got to have paid no more than 20 dollars for them each!!!
Poor starving firmware f*ckers.
How the hell does fibercoax manage

The only way they could 'optimise' them for the UK is for them to optimise there bank account!

Charging that PLUS POSTAGE!!!! And you get there sh!tty service etc to boot.......they wonder why peeps hate them???????

Back