Thatcher would turn in her grave

We should open up loads more and more nuclear power stations
I think the UK is only 1% of the problem, while China/India still open new ones each week
I don't belive in this global warming crap, yes its getting hotter but its just the normal process
the earth has done it many times before getting hot then cold etc and will carry on doing so when we are long gone
we humans are just a virus to earth and don't belong here anyway :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous isn't it.

Why are we importing the coal and gas that we will still need for many years yet, regardless of whether man made CO2 is causing climate change or not, when we have hundreds of years of coal under our feet and if we started fracking for gas then no doubt many decades of that available too.

Producing our own coal and gas would not only be cheaper for us, providing the UK government made it a condition of the company given the contract to mine and frack that they sold it to the UK at a their cost plus a reasonable profit, before exporting any extra at world market prices, it would provide well paid jobs that would enrich the local communities around the mines and fracking sites and ironically, just to prove the eco nutters, it would reduce the CO2 tha is currently created by transporting the coal and compressing the gas in order to transport it thousands of miles across the Atlantic from the USA.

We have probably already reduced our CO2 per person more than any other country and as Joe says we only contribute less than 1% of the total while Chinsa and India are still increasing their CO2 output.

Wish i was young enough to go back in the mines , a job i have missed
A job for life when I started in 1971 and the North Staffs pits used to take 200 school leavers each year. Twenty years later she shut the lot, and decimated so many industries and communities, having previously sold off railways, electric industry gas industry and water

A job for life when I started in 1971 and the North Staffs pits used to take 200 school leavers each year. Twenty years later she shut the lot, and decimated so many industries and communities, having previously sold off railways, electric industry gas industry and water
How else would they keep the rich richer and the poor poorer. We will never get to piss in their pot. Tbh I wouldn’t want to either.

Back