Testing an image on a Tit2

draindet

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have followed Ice's excellent tut on amending and changing tier info (a big thanx ice) and wanted to test the image on a Tit2 card.
I planned to put the tiers on one at a time to determine which ones i would watch (just to make it more personalised) as soon as i put on the basic pack as per Ices instructions i programmed the card and put it in, with great excitement i watched for about 15 mins before the magic happened and that horrible "you are not subscribed to this channel" disappeared and on came Uk Living, great i thought ive understood the tut and done it right, then i thought ok lets see what channels the basic pack contains up i go on the channel button and what do i find, ive fooking got everything.

Can someone please help and explain why this happens on both my Opus card and my Tit2 and how i can test the image before i stick it on my Mosc?

Last edited:
I have followed Ice's excellent tut on amending and changing tier info (a big thanx ice) and wanted to test the image on a Tit2 card.
I planned to put the tiers on one at a time to determine which ones i would watch (just to make it more personalised) as soon as i put on the basic pack as per Ices instructions i programmed the card and put it all, with great exitement i watched for about 15 mins before the magic happened and that horrible "you are not subscribed to this channel" disappeared and on came Uk Living, great i thought ive understood the tut and done it right, then i thought ok lets see what channels the basic pack contains up i go on the channel button and what do i find, ive fooking got everything.

Can someone please help and explain why this happens on both my Opus card and my Tit2 and how i can test the image before i stick it on my Mosc?

Keep trying change the dates and cam id ect it took me two weeks but I have a working image and the tit2 is pefect for testing the image

The image is working but what i am asking is why i get all channels by only putting the basic tier on the card?

I can't explain why you get everything when you do a tit card but you do, Just use your tit image to make sure its not getting zapped, once you've gone 30 mins without getting zapped write a single tier to the mosc with the same rights dates that didn't get zapped and continue your testing from there. You will then be able to see what tier is giving you what and hopefully you won't have a spare ice scrapper :)

Possibly the Tit2 emulator is effectively ignoring tiers and just opening up everything.

I cant remember the exact code which does this but I can remember quite a few of the emulator cards not actually taking much notice of tiers.

Possibly the Tit2 emulator is effectively ignoring tiers and just opening up everything.

I cant remember the exact code which does this but I can remember quite a few of the emulator cards not actually taking much notice of tiers.

So really i am testing nothing and my mosc could still turn into an ice scraper (quite handy at the moment)

So really i am testing nothing and my mosc could still turn into an ice scraper (quite handy at the moment)

Not quite !

The ECM video decrypt and the Emm decrypt/interpret can be thought of as two entirely seperate processes within the card. The Emm process supplies base keys for the ECM process but otherwise these two processes are independant !

The OPOS/Titanium type cards are designed really to do two things - to open up every channel (decryp ECM stream using base keys) and to AU (grab new base keys from the Emm stream).

In order to open up all channels they take the base video keys and apply them to whatever ECM stream is incoming. They pretty much ignore all the checks a real Nagra card would do - all they are interested in doing is clearing the picture !

AU'ing is much more complex. To achieve this the card must be able to emulate the Emm decryption and processing much more closely (actually to the point of running Rom10/11 processor instructions) so when your marking/killing Emm's come along the OPOS/Titanium cards will attempt to work in pretty much the same way as a Mosc card !

Thanks Nozzer

You have cleared things up for me a bit, i sort of understand now how the two seperate programs work. So as long as my personalised image stays on for more than 20mins on the tit and opus it should be ok on the mosc?

Back