Telewest Broadband 2Mbps £50 per month

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Telewest Broadband is today (Monday) launching a new 2Mbps cable modem service across its blueyonder broadband network.

1,500 of Telewest's existing broadband customers have been trialling the service since March; the cable operator says today that eighty-five percent of those customers said the 2Mbps service had "met or exceeded their expectations."

The price tag for the new service is £50 per month, when taken along with a Telewest phone line. The service is available as a standalone option, if you don't want to take Telewest's phone service, for £54.99 per month. Both prices include rental of a cable modem.

Chad Raube, Telewest Broadband's director of internet services, said: "High-speed surfing is like all good things in life - once you've had a taste you want more. While BT and other major ADSL providers offer a one-size-fits-all service, we recognise people have different needs and provide a menu of cable services to suit.

"As with all new services, we've listened to the views of our customers and used them to shape a mind-blowing internet experience."

Existing Telewest Broadband blueyonder customers can upgrade their service online at the ISP's Self Care site, while new customers can check availability for their postcode online and then call (0800) 953 5000. New subscribers to Blueyonder will have to pay the standard one-off installation fee of £50.

Telewest is the UK's first cable operator to launch a 2Mbps cable modem service for residential use - the operator now has services in 512Kbps, 1Mbps and 2Mbps flavours.

WOW 50 squid a month thats alot of dough but i bet its worth it,i cant imagine the download speed on a 2mbps,im still amazed with my 512kbps :Dunce:

yeah but what is the upload speeds ???

2MB down is gr8, but i wonder how fast they let things be taken from you ????

i think bulldogs is better if you are in the right area :)

Back