Telephone System question

Nygie29

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, such a long time since I visited here. Glad the site is still here.

I have a digital phone system quite an old one, Toshiba CTX100 digital system ISDN (I know they are supposed to be getting rid of them, one day ;)
The system has been in storage a few months waiting for the new office to be ready and when I Googled phone sockets I found out there are quite a few types.
I was wandering if anyone has the knowledge of what type of socket is needed for a telephone system. I would have thought a basic ext socket LJU3/3A or 4/3A (double), could anyone kindly confirm this please.
Many thanks.

personally i would put it in the skip and invest in a IP system.

for digital extension i would use 2/3a and for analogue extensions 2/2a, the difference between a 2/2a and a 3/2a is the size of the face plate.

i would Cat 5/6 the whole building and run the telephone across the structured cabling and use Mod-Taps to convert the BT plug to rj45 again for the digital extension you would use secondary and analogue master or PABX adadaptors

Now for changing you have until December 2025 as the PSTN / ISDN network is been switched off and all calls will be VOIP so realistic you will have to swap the system by 2023/4 at the latest.. so its days are numbered. :)

im guessing you are in the uk as outside of the uk telephone connections are rj11 :)

Thanks for the input,
I know the days are numbered for ISDN but for the time being it’ll have to do.
If it was my choice I would have sacked it off and got VoIP 😁

Back