technomate vs dreambox

kelvin

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys first post so be gentle plz lol

i ve been patching technomate s for years now absolutely fantastic ,i know its difficult to go into real detail but what advantages/disadvantages does dreambox have over technomate and vise versa if any- currently running motorised dish with tm6800hd n happy, its first time in a while not having to key everyday lol
i m sorry if this questions been asked before i have had quick just wondered if dreambox is worth the extra outlay?

kelvin

Of course it is. If you have a bit of patience you can get every channel on every satellite with a dreambox.

That sounds promising lol i presume this is the place to be for me to research whats the best box? how much etc? and whats involver? etc then looks very informative and helpful on here unlike other forum i use

cheers kelvin

Kelvin its best to do more reading to see if a dreambox suits you. I didnt ban dreamshare but I did notice he seemed like he was here to just cause trouble.
You wont get any more hacked channels than a technomate offers but you get extra networking abilities from the box, like the posibility of sharing 1 subscription card with many receivers. You can also stream video over your network and use other add-ons that make the box better, but at the same time it becomes much more difficult and possibly less stable.

I'd recommend a dreambox for anyone that has some experience with satellite and enjoys the hobby side of the business.
Regards.

i never new anything about sat but got a dreambox it was a headach at first but after playing around with it got everything working i would recomend one

i first got a dreambox about 5-6 years ago, when my technomate 5500 packed in, i had the 500s for 6 months, went grey, learned new swear words, got a beer belly, and sold it, in place of a TM1000. nearly 2 years ago all my circumstances changed, and i had a LOT more time on my hands, so tried again.

since then ive had the linux technomate (4 of them) 9100, and now have 5 fully networked dreamboxes dotted around the house. i still have technomates as well (1000, 1500, 5200, 5300, 3300, 3500, 6900 and 9100) but theyre just used for testing now

channel wise, using keys and patches etc, the technomates are so user friendly theyre great, but if you see your satellite kit as a hobby instead of something you plonk your arse in front of and stare at the screen, then a linux receiver such as a dreambox will always give you something new to explore, no matter how much you learn

And there you are m8
There,s not a lot i can add to that ---- Except !!!!

A Dreambox is more like a pc nowadays , you can do anything on em.
Network,email, streaming, add a keyboard and a harddrive etc etc.

I,ve been playing with satellite for about 16 \ 17 years now, i sold
all my setup about 4\5 years ago, then last year i started up again
with a tm8 1500. Got to know it very well , but wanted more, so in
october i bought a db 7020 with h\drive and started from scratch.
I,d never done any networking before, but with db it goes hand in
hand. I think i,ve done very well so far and learned most of the
basics and learning something new every day. The best thing i ever
did was buy one.

When asking for advice, most folk will tell you to go in slowly by getting
a 500 or 600 and then work up to a 7020\25. I disagree as that way
you are forking out money twice, thats why i went the whole hog and
got the 7020.

Fezzy.

the dreambox's have a bigger following, and all emu are written for the whole range of recivers..

Back