technomate 6900 super dvb-s2 ,8psk

treehacker6969

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone help me find the setting for dvb-s2,8psk on my technomate 6900 super ci? many thanks in advance

if the transponder frequency already exists in tm receiver and you have trouble using that transponder, delete it first.
Tm needs frequency / symbolrate, other settings should be automatically (FEC, 8PSK or QPSK). If I remember correctly with older models HD tm receiver you had to turn pilot on in order to be able to scan that HD transponder.

Hi treehacker6969,

You won't find these settings anywhere on a TM 6900 HD Super+ ...the Super+ receivers manage all the transponder/frequency settings automatically when you add/download from any DVB-S2 8PSK transponders/frequencies...

The Original TM 6800/6900 Non-Super HD versions did have these settings in the menu along with the 'Pilot' setting... however manually adding all these settings proved to be very time consuming and also rather confusing for many users... therefore the (current) more simplified method was added into the software of the later Super+ models...

If you wish to view/amend any of your transponder/frequency settings then this can be done by opening a copy of your current CNDF file using a Technomate compatible 'Editor' program... I would recommend using the following Technomate compatible editor... you will find this posted here on the forum...

NDFEdit 1.66
NDFEdit 1.66 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Creating a CNDF file

Insert USB flash Drive into TM 6900 HD Super+

Menu > USB > Data Transfer > Red Button (Upload Channel Data)

View/amend CNDF file using NDFEdit 1.66

Upload your current CNDF file from your TM 6900 HD Super+ to a USB Flash Drive... then insert the USB Flash Drive into your PC

Start the NDFEdit 1.66 program and click on 'File' (top left-hand corner) and select 'Open' from the drop-down box... then navigate to your current CNDF file on your USB Flash Drive folder... highlight the CNDF file then click on 'Open'...

The contents of your CNDF file will now be displayed in NDFEdit 1.66

Scroll down and select/highlight any satellite... then click on next to the satellite name to expand the list of all transponders/frequencies on that particular satellite...

Select/highlight any transponder/frequency on the left-hand side of the editor then look at the right-hand-side of the editor for the transponder/frequency settings... if you add to/alter any of these settings always click on the OK button directly below to save the settings...

When you have finished click on next to the satellite name to collapse the list of all transponders/frequencies on that particular satellite... then click on 'File' (top left-hand corner) and select 'Save' from the drop-down box... then exit the program.

Extract the USB Flash Drive (safely) from your PC and insert it into your TM 6900 HD Super+ then go to USB in the menu and select the new edited CNDF file from the list and download it using Normal DB ...you can also download to Default DB (optional)

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
if the transponder frequency already exists in tm receiver and you have trouble using that transponder, delete it first.
Tm needs frequency / symbolrate, other settings should be automatically (FEC, 8PSK or QPSK). If I remember correctly with older models HD tm receiver you had to turn pilot on in order to be able to scan that HD transponder.

If you do choose to enter new txp's directly into the box, just something else to remember that caught me for a while .. My 6900 Super on 726p firmware sees frequencies within about +/- .003 GHz as the same. So if you've already got a 12.345 H on a particular sat, you couldn't add a new one at say 12.347 H. You'd need to delete the 12.345 H one first.

Hi martico,

If you do choose to enter new txp's directly into the box, just something else to remember that caught me for a while .. My 6900 Super on 726p firmware sees frequencies within about +/- .003 GHz as the same. So if you've already got a 12.345 H on a particular sat, you couldn't add a new one at say 12.347 H. You'd need to delete the 12.345 H one first.

Very true mate... however it is possible to add identical transponder frequencies with different symbol rates and also transponder frequencies within the +/- .003 GHz restriction... but only if you enter and save the new transponder frequencies using NDFEdit 1.66 first... then re-load the CNDF file to your receiver...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch

Hi martico,

Very true mate... however it is possible to add identical transponder frequencies with different symbol rates and also transponder frequencies within the +/- .003 GHz restriction... but only if you enter and save the new transponder frequencies using NDFEdit 1.66 first... then re-load the CNDF file to your receiver...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Gosh, yes - just tried it. I was already an NDFEdit fan, but that's one more thing I hadn't realised it could do.

Thanks - Martin

PS Maybe off-topic for this thread and a good reason to start another, but do you know what's different between MDFEdit v1.66 and v1.67?

Last edited:
thanks very much for the replys lads,i will try this to see what, happens,i did have a old machine with pilot on it and thats what got me baffled lol

Your TM6900 HD Super is a brilliant stb as Zorch implies here - it AUTOMATICALLY selects the correct dvb-s2,8psk - its just a pity the patches aren't currently supporting this 'technical' brilliance!!:Hit:

Hi again martico,

Maybe off-topic for this thread and a good reason to start another, but do you know what's different between NDFEdit v1.66 and v1.67?

NDFEdit 1.66 was written/released by AG, Strong Technologies

NDFEdit 1.67 was written/released by Clarke-Tech

I'm glad you asked me about them... I've just checked for newer versions of these editors... and there was a new NDFEdit 1.69 released by AG, Strong Technologies back in January which I never knew about...

I have just uploaded NDFEdit 1.69 to the Downloads section...

NDFEdit 1.69 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Best Wishes,
Zorch

thanks very much for the replys lads,i will try this to see what, happens,i did have a old machine with pilot on it and thats what got me baffled lol

i find it a pain in the arse when trying to post feed frequencys as it doesnt tell me the FEC, if its MPEG2/4 , DVBS/S2, 8PSK/QPSK if @phantom could incorparate the TM5302HD TS info page into the TM6800/6900HD SUPER and fix the blind scan it would be an excellent enthusiasts stb imho,regards mdt

Hi again martico et al,

Were you also aware that you can drag the settings box located on the right-hand side of the editor to anywhere you want on the screen... this makes editing so much easier...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back