technomate 6900 combo super how ?

jhon

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi to all,
i am thinking to buy technomate 6900 combo super,is this good receiever ? i have read other post,it says its got lane ,ethernet funtion
can be connected to a server. is it easy to set up for ethernet connection ?
i have manhattan plaza 500 moterised 1.2 m dish & t-rex super modle cam.
will i able to get more channel from 6900 ?any help welcome---------

Having owned one (with a diabalo 2.3) for a while, technically I see nothing wrong with them.

If your a feed hunter they have a reasonable blind scan, and with the right patch / soft cam keys 1degWest (Thor) is open without any other hardware.

Also they have HD out, and in theory unless the UK changes its mind again it will be a good FreeviewHD receiver (if we ever get it!)

Yes it does have an ethernet connection, but as far as I am aware all this is for is connecting to an "offical firmware server" and as a CLIENT for cardsharing - nothing else (eg remote streaming to your PC or editing settings via a webbrowser)

Heres the points to consider:

Even with an official card, it can't decode anything Nagravision 3 (which may be a major issue should anyone figure out how to get around it - to the point where a new reciver may be required if a cam cannot get round the limitation)
With the recent change of several high profile channels (eg Premier) going to Nagra 3 and those on Nagra 2 likely to change its days are numbered hardware wise.
[im 99% sure thats true - please correct me if i'm wrong on this point]

Also with all the card changes that seem to be happening, it may be better to wait and see what remains in the near / medium feature to see if the box becomes obsolete before its time

bottom line, good piece of HD kit that may very soon be obsolete for all bar FTA

all above IMHO - don't flame me if you disagree, but please correct any inaccuracies - many thanks

Last edited:
i dont think it will become obsellite as long as they sort out the ethernet port and sort the newcamd protocall to connect with out trying to request to many keys if you look at the likes of the nanoxx 9600ip this box will open a lot of channels but the box is a load of crap but its newcamd prot is one of the best and the supprot is realy good so lets hope that tm pull their finger out as ive just bought one lol

hi to all,
thank you jabbzy and newm for your replies.i have already ordered it yesterday.the reason iam having it because of its HD so i can watch hd programms on my HD tv and for its LAN port .

most welcome sir, happy to assist

if you want streaming I've found that any slingbox works great to watch remotely - either in the home or on the road as it were.

makes a nice simple stable setup.

i hope you enjoy it - if you don't don't forget the distance selling act allows a return so long as the process is started within 7 days.

hi guys ive had mine now for about for about a month and i think its a good box i to bought it for the hd and the picture is top class i have a few hd channels bbc itv and channel 4 with an old sky card in the reader to unlock that one you also get sk3 3 virgin 1 dave etc through the terrestrial free view and when patched opens thor which i think is quite a deasent package im going to get a diablo cam as well and see how that goes the only prob i have is when recording i cant turn over in fact i cant do much at all has anyone had this prob?

Hi
when its recording it wont. I think its down to only having 1 mpeg4 chip.
You would think that with 2 tuners you could watch 1 record another but no.
Or at least watch something on the same transponder.

The 'two tuners' is mis-leading advertising; a very common myth that these receivers have 2 sat tuners. They do not have 2 satellite tuners and just have 1 only, plus a freeview terrestrial tuner.
This confusion is very common and its the misleading way that they are advertised, making them sound like other receivers that have 2 satellite tuners & twin-tuner additional abilities.

have one since half a year or so. good piece. DiSEqC 1.1 works perfectly, switching channels almost instantly. however, really missing a second card slot!!!

The 'two tuners' is mis-leading advertising; a very common myth that these receivers have 2 sat tuners. They do not have 2 satellite tuners and just have 1 only, plus a freeview terrestrial tuner.
This confusion is very common and its the misleading way that they are advertised, making them sound like other receivers that have 2 satellite tuners & twin-tuner additional abilities.

Totaly agree with you pinkhelmets.

As you know i had a good read-up on it but have to say if you live in Ireland this box will kill three birds with 1 stone SatHD Irish DDT & MMDS.

Picture quality is good HD & SD

hi guys i agree what a misleading add found some small print in the manual very small what is the point in 2 tuners then? the free veiw tuner is not hd yet the manual clearly says 2 hd tuners but it wont pick up bbc hd etc shame realy its a good box has any one got the new animal plannet hd yet on thor from today but i cant get it yet treid to add tp but no signal ?

does anyone here have a tm6900 super with a diablo cam as im thinking of getting one was wondering what they can clear thanks

hi guys i agree what a misleading add found some small print in the manual very small what is the point in 2 tuners then? the free veiw tuner is not hd yet the manual clearly says 2 hd tuners but it wont pick up bbc hd etc shame realy its a good box has any one got the new animal plannet hd yet on thor from today but i cant get it yet treid to add tp but no signal ?

Hi newm
dont think bbcHD is on freeview yet, but you should have bbcHD itvHD & ch4HD on satHD.

Hi Folks.
I have humax HDCI2000 + diablo2.3 I get al the free to air channels inc BBC HD, ITV HD and of course (THOR all stations) I am getting technomate 6900 combo super. As it dose a lot more. ++++
Best of luck.
martin007

HI MARTIN 007
more or less samechannel you will get and also HD & SD FORMATE CHANNEL.

Hi Jhon.
I know what you mean m8, but with technomate 6900 combo super there is a lot more that you can do. There is a learning process but what the hell that's the fun of it, is it not. Just invested in a new PC today from A.d. So I am afraid my techno will have to take a back seat for now, but soon hopefully. have a good one.
martin007 :drink:

HI MARTIN007
you are right you can do a lot more with this technomate 9600.
for example card sharing. i have no idia how to start card sharing with
other server network through ethernat cable (lan).

hi guys the tm6900 can card share but if you are after newcamd then its not quite up to the job just yet as it ask for to many ecm at mom lets hope they get a patch for that soon as for sscp not treid that as its to much hassle to keep the pc near the box but i have bought a diablo cam just waiting for it to come il let you know when i get it and see what it can do?

Back