Technomate 600

derekwd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one of these just for freesat for now but hopefully get a motorized dish at a later date, already got a sky dish up at present.

Have read that some dreambox images will work on the TM600 and was wondering if anyone has tried one, and if they have tried the dreambox neutrino image and if it works, i do like the neutrino images lol

Thanks Derek

the dreambox images disable the hardware features of the TM600 that makes it worth buying the receiver, the RF output and the USB ports get disabled

ive tried all the images available, and the UR ones give the best results and features from these receivers

Thanks DD, new to this sat scene lol, is it a matter of just putting the image on then scan for channels,sorry if its a numptys question but been a dbox2 cable man for years and what i have read the sat side seems a bit harder lol.

Also would i pick up and can view all of the freesat channels from sky

Thanks Derek

flash an image onto it, then you can either scan for channels, download a list directly onto the receiver from the images server, or download one to your computer and send it to the receiver

it will allow you to access all free to air channels available from sky, or any other satellite you choose to aim your dish at

Thanks again DD, its members like you that make this forum one of the best on the net.

Cant wait to get one now lol

Derek

Dont expect to be up and flying in seconds m8 It takes a bit trial and error It took me a couple of days to get up and running also a good server with a bit support setting up will be a great help,

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed In the whole set up you need a router connected to a box in every room for cccam unless your a genius like digi with 3G home made wireless running 600s lol.

Unless your very techi I would just buy a 500DM for £38 and run it as a client and pay a good server a £10 a month who cover plenty sats and give support.

TM poor epg hard to set up no where near as much support as the DM fan club
I think the TM is a nice box but needs a bit more and with the HD version on the horizon is the 600 software still going to develop are R we gonna get kicked into touch,

Id rather pay sky to save the hassle Ive had my box 1 week and its in the loft I just didn't like it :Fish: I might when my cable contract runs out though lol

:Fish:

Get all exited then knocked down lol, no seriously thanks for the info m8,does it still use the cam to give me the freeview channls ?,and do you not get the epg on the freeview chans ?

Do like th DM boxes had one a while ago, but the 600 looks a lot cooler and its black so matches all my other stuff lol

Derek

TM poor epg hard to set up no where near as much support as the DM fan club

any plugin that works on the DM will also work on the TM500/600 m8, im yet to find one that wont

weekepg3.2 can be downloaded from the blue button menu as well

ill have a play and see if i can get a weeks worth onto a usb stick on one now ;)

playing with weekepg, itll download 8 days (if you wait for it to lol) onto the internal memory, then using the themes, you can browse by channel, start time, search titles, favourite group, or list individual channels, view programme synopsis and add to timer for auto channel zapping or recording

any plugin that works on the DM will also work on the TM500/600 m8, im yet to find one that wont

weekepg3.2 can be downloaded from the blue button menu as well

ill have a play and see if i can get a weeks worth onto a usb stick on one now ;)

I could not download anything from my blue pannel and I know a few other people with the same problem who have had to use DCC to use add ons

I tried the latest 2 UR images manually changed the passwords with DCC and added a few things in the var/etc folder all worked fine.

But when It come to downloading from the blue pannel no joy ftp and telnet showed green and connected fine in DCC and all commands worked.

But in the box on (screen)always showed no internet connection in communications set up?

I tried everything I could think of even a different router I just thought it was a image problem ?

Mini Web also worked fine so my connection was fine.

Another problem was it would not take my white sky card more reading lol.

Hence back to DCC It just seemed to be one thing after another.

I KNOW IM TOTAL CR@P AT TECHI STUFF SO IF YOUR OK ROUND A PC DONT LET MY MOANING PUT YOU OFF LOL

It looks a well made box maybe I will have another play next month see If I can get my head round it.

if it has, it needs it on m8

Nah just went into my router setting 192.168.2.1 but my router DHCP setting is on FIREWALL on everything looks normal ?

But the problem does lie with the router then but I tried my sisters and I had the same trouble to you have to manualy pair the box to the router by changing the IP etc

What a crock you need 12 A levels and a honours to use this fooker !!! lol

Nah just went into my router setting 192.168.2.1 but my router DHCP setting is on FIREWALL on everything looks normal ?

But the problem does lie with the router then but I tried my sisters and I had the same trouble to you have to manualy pair the box to the router by changing the IP etc

What a crock you need 12 A levels and a honours to use this fooker !!! lol

ahhh :)

press the LAN button on the remote, highlight the DHCP box and press ok to tick it, save, and reboot the box

;)

ahhh :)

press the LAN button on the remote, highlight the DHCP box and press ok to tick it, save, and reboot the box

;)

Ive tried that a 100 times over already hold on though Ive just noticed the gateway on my router does not match the one in the comms set up ?

Im gonna have another bash better get the box back out the box lol the misses hates this shitttte are bedrooms a proper spaggetti junction oh well just an hour are so.

So that does not even need set up ?

Im gonna plod on with this for a while see how I get on Ive just fully reset my router so I will see if that makes a difference.

Will post back in a few days lol

with that ticked, the DHCP server on your router will auto setup everything on the receiver for you m8, proper plug and play :)

Back