Talk Talk Help please!

graemewh

Inactive User
Reaction score
We are at my gf sisters and they have talk talk wireless router, but they connect directly through the router ie cable from router to pc when I load up their pc theres a connection between the router and computer but cannot connect to any internet pages?
I also use my laptop and it pics up the talk talk router and says connected and signal excellent in the status bar but I cannot view any web pages? Can anybody help me please thanksyou

open internet explorer and go to the router homepage (IP http://192.168.*.*) you need to find the ip address from the user manual, and check if its actually logged on to the network, whilst there I would make use of the diagnostics option to see if theres a problem with the line/connection.
Make sure the router knows the user/password to log on to the network (talk talk) and set it to always on, this makes the router lo gon when powered up. there is uaually a wizard to set up the connection as well.

would that be why my laptop cant connect to the internet either

also it all connected last night ie the pc and also when i plugged cable into my laptop it worked , changed nothing and wen tried to connect this morning it wouldnt?

Sounds like it could be a filter problem, try changing the filters in the sockets, which router are you using?

Back