syncing issues

Thanks for keeping the thread updated mate, the only advice I can really give you is sony tvs seem to match the sound output with the processing. Pana TV do too, although pana systems can have sync issues. Philips need their processing switched off to match and samsung seem to have mixed results. Well done for sorting out a refund. You obviously have very good communication and negociation skills

hi just thought i would let you know that since i have ran the hdmi from virgin box to tv my sync issues are 98%better,running it through the home cinema seemed to give me the problems,anyway i have ordered the le46c580 from best buy and it is being delivered on tuesday hope i now have no more probs,any advice on this tv anyway matbe a little on best setup thanks

Well after getting my c580 I still have sync issues,I have dug out my sky hd box and tried that just to rule out the problem lying with the virgin box,The problem still happens with the sky box so really do not know what to try next.

Hi Spike, i may have a solution for you

I'd been having the same sync issue with my LE46C750 and HT-C5900 that i bought a few weeks ago. Constantly getting audio stutters every few minutes when watching Freeview TV and then the audio loses sync and falls behind the picture. Never had a sync issue with watching blu-rays, just when watching TV (although did have an issue with regular DVD stuttering but a firmware upgrade to the player fixed that)

Last night however i did find a solution that has so far corrected the issue for me. Since i've had the TV i've always had a USB powered hard disk plugged in the side and the Timeshift mode always set to "Auto" so i could rewind Live TV. I tried turning Timeshift to "Manual" so it doesn't auto record and so far i have not had a bad sync at all. Fine last night and still ok this morning :)

I have my TV and HT-C5900 connected via HDMI out from the C5900 into TV's HDMI-2 using a Monster 1200 HDMI cable and also have an optical cable connected with SPDIF output on the TV set to Dolby Digital, 0ms Delay

Hope this helps u

PS: My TV's firmware is 3006, C5900 firmware is 1013.2

Well my 5th tv later and I now have the c5100 40" led,I still got the sync issues when using hdmi and optical cable,so I took out the optical cable because all these new tv and home cinema don't need them apparently.
I am now using just hdmi and this is what I have to do,
Turn on tv
Turn on home cinema
Turn on virgin box
I have found that this seems to keep it all in sync and if I do find it going out I just flick through function on home cinema and it brings it back in.
I will definatley check the update and sort that out,thanks for your info that helps

Hi Guys, thought I might be able to lend a hand regarding the Lip Sync issues people are having with the LE46C750 3D TV and with Blu-Ray surround sound systems.

I have just purchased the TV with a Samsung HT-C5800 2.1 3D Blueray Home Cinema system, and connected Virgin Media HD box. I had the syncing issues when the home cinema was connected to the HDMI 2 (ARC) input on the TV, and the Virgin Media using HDMI 3 input, with an optical connection from the TV to the bluray home cinema.

I fiddled around in the audio settings menu - pressed the Enter button on the remote to get the 'Additional Settings' menu, and found the TV had the optical SPDIF delay setting default at 110ms. I reduced this to 0ms and now the whole system is working perfectly in sync, even with the cheap virgin HDMI lead.

My 3D BluRay home cinema is however connected using Monster Cable 1200 HDMI which supports Audio Return Channel and all that jazz (ARC I Believe.) Not sure if thats why I no longer had issues, but changing the delay on SPDIF to 0ms definitely solved the problem. Very happy now!

Hope that helps!
Mike.

Hi Guys, thought I might be able to lend a hand regarding the Lip Sync issues people are having with the LE46C750 3D TV and with Blu-Ray surround sound systems.

I have just purchased the TV with a Samsung HT-C5800 2.1 3D Blueray Home Cinema system, and connected Virgin Media HD box. I had the syncing issues when the home cinema was connected to the HDMI 2 (ARC) input on the TV, and the Virgin Media using HDMI 3 input, with an optical connection from the TV to the bluray home cinema.

I fiddled around in the audio settings menu - pressed the Enter button on the remote to get the 'Additional Settings' menu, and found the TV had the optical SPDIF delay setting default at 110ms. I reduced this to 0ms and now the whole system is working perfectly in sync, even with the cheap virgin HDMI lead.

My 3D BluRay home cinema is however connected using Monster Cable 1200 HDMI which supports Audio Return Channel and all that jazz (ARC I Believe.) Not sure if thats why I no longer had issues, but changing the delay on SPDIF to 0ms definitely solved the problem. Very happy now!

Hope that helps!
Mike.

Awesome thanks very much for that Mike,Welcome to the forums Feel free to have a look about the site - Digitalworldz is a very addictive and friendly community :)

Back