syncing issues

spike24

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have a samsung c750 3d tv and a samsung ht-c5900 3d blue ray home cinema system,i also have a virgin media hd box connected to the home cinema,my problem is that the talking keeps going out of sync,i have had the tv replaced as i thought this was the problem,brought the above home cinema system as i thought it was a problem with my old one which was a samsung ht-xq 100 but there is no difference the sync still keeps going out,i have to keep changeing it from 25-50 in the sync part and keep on toggleing between the 2,the new home cinema does not need optical out it is all done via hdmi,my only other thought was the virgin box but had engineers out and there is no problems with that,so anyone please got any ideas cause it is so frustrating and annoying thanks

most likely the huge amount of processing the sammys use these days, your best option is to HDMI the cable box directly into the tv and also connect an optical audio lead from the tv to the home cinema, this keeps the set in control of the sync with audio and should sort you out. You wont miss out on any quality as the cable box is 5.1 and not high def sound

Well I will defiantly give it a try and will let you know the outcome tommoz,so when I purchased it from currys why did he tell me not to use the optical cable and just use the 3d hdmi lead from tv to home cinema,the manual also says to set up this way and my cable box into the home cinema aswell,can get confusing but will try your suggestion thank you.

the HDMI audio return channel works well for very few people, the guy at currys isnt interested in solving these sorts of problems, only selling you gear ;)

I also have the new xbox 360 slim,should I also connect this to tv or through the home cinema,cause at the minute I get the sound through the home cinema as it is connected straight to.

Either turn off all processing on tv or monitor the sound using the above method m8, its only blu ray that wants to go to amp before TV really

Hi I have done what you said above and the syncing is still going out,this time it is doing it gradually,do u think it maybe something to do with the virgin box.
It's strange cause my old 37" and home cinema it was fine,I hooked that up using hdmi and had to use red and White audio leads and had home cinema on aux,it is only since I had a new tv I have the Problems,this is now getting very annoying

OK, im sure we will crack this mate, Let it go out of sync and then flip to the next channel on the virgin box, is it still out of sync? are your HDMI cables 1.3a standard. 1.3a have a talkback channel to target audio sync

This is what I did the sync was out so I changed it from 50 to 25 on the hOme cinema it was still out so I turned off the home cinema and then back on and the sync is in but it will go out,yes I have changed the channel over and back again numerous times and that does nothing,the hdmi lead for the home cinema is a 3d one that I got when I purchased the tv,the hdmi from the virgin box is the lead that they supplied with the box.
Since putting this post on the sync is starting to go out,so this gives you a sort of time frame of how long it takes to go out

Last edited:
The virgin HDMI cable is naff so in theory this fits the symptoms best.

to prove the theory before forking out for a new cable, set up as follows

Virgin > Virgins HDMI > TV > optical > home cinema
Sync will fail as the virgin hdmi has no clock channel in the lead, this is the control test so thats OK

then replace the virgin hdmi with the 1.4 one it is like below
Virgin > 1.4 HDMI > TV > optical > home cinema

now cross fingers. The 1.4 cable will allow the television and virgin box to keep monitoring the audio situation and make automatic adjustments as nessesary. Pretty much all virgin boxes will do this with the exception of some early telewest tvdrive branded sientific atlanta boxes.

I know you are having to do a bit of dicking about here but im pretty confident you will replicate the above situation. When you do just pick up a cheap proper branded HDMI cable that is 1.3a and has the HDMI logo on and its sorted. Vivanco do one for 15 quid that seems pretty good

Hi not ignoring you,have done the above at first it went out so I was going to change the sync but didn't and just went back to tv and it was back in sync,I am gonna monitor it for a couple of hours and will get back to u and let you know the outcome.

Ive been reading up on this model and there are many in the same boat as you right now mate

With the lip synch issue and the soap opera feel which I can’t eliminate when watching HD movies via Sky, I am seriously considering returning this set – which is a real shame as the picture quality is spot on!
I have the issue via Sky HD box and PS3 so I can only allude to it being a problem with the TV.
The issue occurs with an external amp or if using the TV sound - I'm not too bothered about external amp as modern day ones allow for audio delay - what bothers me is the TV can't keep it in synch with the picture.

I've tried motion settings completely off and film mode off, Auto1 and Auto2 but there is still an issue with lip synch.
Yep playing through a Sony DAV IS-10 Amp and I have set the audio delay to high, strangely though the tv speakers were also out of sync ! - Either way after starting and stopping the blu ray a few times the sync problem has now improved, no idea why but hey ho !!

Yeah where did u see this,and I am seriously thinking the same about sending it back,I already sent one back as in the end samsung had to say it wasa fault with tv and I still get the same prob,the sync is not as bad since I hooked it up the way u said but after monitoring it all night the sync is still going out but nowhere near as bad,they changed my tv on the 19 Th jan so I presume I would still be able to take it back and get a refund.

Yeah cheers I found them and was just having a look,but I might just ring up samsung and se what they say tommoz and just get it refunded cause the sync is defo out all be it not as bad since doing what u said but it's still out and very annoying,should of stuck with my 37" samsung and not took the plunge I think.

Well thanks for all your help,I wil let you know what they say when I ring them tommoz.

Hi contacted samsung told them about tv and they agree must be a flaw with this model also rang up currys to and they also agree,so my options where as I had the package on finance was to have another tv,didn't want same model and only other option was another samsung different model but an extra £500 odd quid which I ain't prepared to pay and different make also was more expensive,so in the end had to settle with a samsung series 6 led tv,did really want another 3d but didn't have many options and now left with a 3d home cinema as this was in the package,not that bothered as I use the h/cinema all the time but not able to use the 3d part of it,but I had very few options from currys,at least I can now watch tv and all talking is in sync at the minute!,thanks for all your help any way u have been helpful

Well after having another tv I am still getting sync issues,I have pit the hdmi lead from virgin media box and xbox 360 slim straight into the hdmi ports on the tv,hdmi lead from home cinema to tv and optical lead from tv to home cinema,I have even used a different hdmi lead to rule this out and no joy,never got this Prob on my old system only thing that has changed is a new tv really so don't know where to go from here.

i sent the tv back and got a full refund,i am using my 26" samsung lcd with my ct-c5900 3d home cinema,i have connected it this way
hdmi lead from virgin box to tv
optical lead from tv to home cinema
i am getting sync issues and am going to play around with the audio sync in the home cinema to see if this solves the problem,i pressume i dont need to touch the audio sync in the tv as the sound is not coming out of tv speakers.
i have also just connected ny virgin box to tv via hdmi and just the tv speakers and all the sync is fine.Well the sync was out so I went through the function options on the home cinema and the sync has come back in and has not gone out yet fingers crossed

Last edited:
Back