Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

swithcing to eurovox 2..should i ???

markturnbull11

Inactive User
im thinking of switching to eurovox 2 box, is there any reason that i should not ?
its just that ive been trying with dbox, its good, but its pretty old hardware and seems to squeek and lock up a lot, i have tried EVERYTHING to resolve it,

its prolly just the box but if im shelling out £100 for a new box, im thinking i should go for a brand new EV2 ?
cheers for your thoughts mark

Last edited:
markturnbull11 said:
im thinking of switching to eurovox 2 box, is there any reason that i should not ?
its just that ive been trying with dbox, its good, but its pretty old hardware and seems to squeek and lock up a lot, i have tried EVERYTHING to resolve it,

its prolly just the box but if im shelling out £100 for a new box, im thinking i should go for a brand new EV2 ?
cheers for your thoughts mark

hi m8 i think if your saying that then you are much better of getting a dreambox m8

liam has not long started with the dreambox he is very happy and you can get them brand new and fully updatable so have a look around about dreamboxs

or if you have a dbox already then change the drivers to make it work better

cheers

yes gav, i know nothing abot the dreambox, what are the benifits ?
i have a local supplier of the EV2 but the dreambox seems much harder to source,
but i value your opinion greatly gav so if i see one i will get that instead.
thanks mark:banana:

ps i changed the avia drivers, ucodes, images ..everthing to no avail, trouble is a bought a squeaky sagem

Last edited:
markturnbull11 said:
yes gav, i know nothing abot the dreambox, what are the benifits ?
i have a local supplier of the EV2 but the dreambox seems much harder to source,
but i value your opinion greatly gav so if i see one i will get that instead.
thanks mark:banana:

ps i changed the avia drivers, ucodes, images ..everthing to no avail, trouble is a bought a squeaky sagem

no probs m8 liam will give you some support if you get one or anyone else on here

cheers

i was just told by a guy in another forum that....by the summer all eurovox and dboxes will be obsolete paperweights, im assuming he is saying the cc's are gonna do something.. have you heard of this ?
ps, his status is enthusiast..

Its just a pure guess really m8.... nobody can say for definate that eurovox and dboxes will be paperweights and completely useless; only time will tell but there are always ways of getting round things, remember that ;)

I would personally go for the dreambox m8, I have trialled a Eurovox (verison 1 tho, not EV2) a Replaybox, and even an FTA101! Dreambox always comes out on top - and there are MANY reasons why you should go for the dreambox instead of eurovox:

1. The Eurovox software is not in open source - this means that IF the cable companies DID do something to render the box useless; then you would be stuck. Also, its a korean firm that makes the firmware, so you have little support at that end (took them ages to release a autoupdate fix)

2. Because the dreambox software IS in open source; then it is constantly being updated and improved - the dreambox runs very similar software to the DBOX2, and you know about all the benefits of new images, etc. The eurovox doesnt have this functionality.

3. The dreambox tends to be better at picking up a signal than the eurovox. Also, the eurovox CAN crash from time to time (altho not very often!), and there are often minor little problems such as blotchy pictures, etc. Dreambox is also said to have better picture quality; but I cannot comment on this with my 14 inch portable television lol.

4. The dreambox has a much wider support base - not alot of people know about the eurovox technical aspects; unlike the dreambox.

Thats just a few of the reasons; If you have a look in the general cable section you'll find a few posts by me outlined the major differences between the two boxes.

Dreambox's: you'll find them on eBay for various prices, or you can go direct to www.satstore.com (£139 + delivery), or DVB-Online (see the dreambox section for other suppliers). Its a small price difference but its seriously worth it.

Liam

Hi Liam, thanks for being so thorough.. i did see a couple of dreamboxes but they wanted funny money on fleebay..seems there is a sat verion a freeveiw version then a 500c cable version i assume..

they do look good and the whole open source aspect really apeals to me, i know that dbox2 images would not be so readily available if they were not modded by you guys, we all appreciate it :Clap:

i think il just use that link you gave me and get one..(if i can get it to work)
cheers again mark
ps its http://www.satstore.co.uk/ hes put them up to £159 plus postage:CRYBABY:

Last edited:
Back