where would i go to ask a question about pipe threading?

it would have probably been double that amount of dough with all the extras i have for that. so am well pleased it is solved

am gonna move on to something else to fix. a laptop i think i installed the wrong bios on. if i remember right i reinstalled it but for some reason i have to install the drivers on it when i do that and i picked that bios which is a driver i didnt even have to install. this laptop it sorts out that shit itself. only the arrow keys work not even the usbs. i seen something that said to remove the bateery from inside it. the big watch battery for a good while. it said over an hour and it will reset. ill try that first pop tomorrow

using my dont think about it technique it should be fixed by september hahahah

i seen something that said to remove the bateery from inside it. the big watch battery for a good while. it said over an hour and it will reset. ill try that first pop tomorrow
using my dont think about it technique it should be fixed by september hahahah

Seems as good a way as any to waste an hour I suppose. I can't imagine what removing the RTC battery will achieve in an hour that wasn't achieved in the first few seconds. ;)

i actually got that info from a youtube video. am not doubting you that you know your stuff but the guy who gave the advice is an old timer computer expert of some kind who livestreams when he is working to fix his customers computers, he receives many donations and goes through the process of diagnosing the problem and ruling things out. he has hundreds of thousands of people sub to his channel

it will take 5 minutes to whip that battery out and no other effort so i will rule that out first lol. he did explain it about it might hold some energy still somehow. i dont know the full explaination

do you haave any idea? i already asked for advice when it happen and couldnt get it sorted dont want to repost a question but yeah now i brought this old thread back out lol. i will let you know how that goes lol

Last edited:
@chookey would you say that its a lost cause. i can spend days or weeks on this shit lol
Without working usb's you will have trouble reflashing the bios. If it's pre windows 10 I would consider seeing if safe mode would allow usb functionality, or even inserting a blank hard drive and see if the bios will allow use of usb to reflash it with a genuine bios.

Usually though, flashing the wrong bios can be disastrous. If your laptop is old enough the bios chip could be removed and reflashed with a programmer. Either way I think you're in for the long haul.

it came with windows 7 but after i got it i quickly went back to my desktop i prefered that for some reason. it had very little use i definatley didnt get value for money out of it but it is has enough speed for anything i would ever need a computer for but now i think ill keep that project for another time lol

Without working usb's you will have trouble reflashing the bios. If it's pre windows 10 I would consider seeing if safe mode would allow usb functionality, or even inserting a blank hard drive and see if the bios will allow use of usb to reflash it with a genuine bios.

Usually though, flashing the wrong bios can be disastrous. If your laptop is old enough the bios chip could be removed and reflashed with a programmer. Either way I think you're in for the long haul.

the dvd drive still work could i get the bios onto a dvd and install it. that came to me mind just then but not sure all these flashes in my mind always contain genius though lol

fk it i cant be bother with the frustration that comes with a problem as bad it sounds

fk it i cant be bother with the frustration that comes with a problem as bad it sounds
That can only be surpassed by the satisfaction gleaned from overcoming the problem :)
I'm working on one now. Audio squelches then dies after a little use. Haven't opened it yet as past experience has taught me to always verify the fault before diving in. 3 hours of YouTube and audio still ok :rolleyes: Sod's law, equipment has a habit of repairing itself in my presence.

No schematics available for this model either so unless something is visually obvious under the scope, this is going to take a little finding.

Just jumped out of my chair as it went silent, as soon as I reached it he started talking again ffs. Got a Louis Rossmann video on. Mainly because he usually never shut's the f**k up and it's a long video.

haha yeah i felt a wee bit of that satisfaction with the very few victories ive had when trying these kind of stuff over the years. because i have had so many failures i think that makes it even better when i surprise myself by getting it sorted. am usually aiming too high fr someone who knows next to nothing lol. this seems like a major problem though and there has been plenty time passed for my dont think about it technique to have had its chance to work lol

That can only be surpassed by the satisfaction gleaned from overcoming the problem :)
I'm working on one now. Audio squelches then dies after a little use. Haven't opened it yet as past experience has taught me to always verify the fault before diving in. 3 hours of YouTube and audio still ok :rolleyes: Sod's law, equipment has a habit of repairing itself in my presence.

No schematics available for this model either so unless something is visually obvious under the scope, this is going to take a little finding.

Just jumped out of my chair as it went silent, as soon as I reached it he started talking again ffs. Got a Louis Rossmann video on. Mainly because he usually never shut's the f**k up and it's a long video.

maybe the problem is the customers hearing which am not sure you could help with unless the person has hearing aids then u could mmore than likely help. just an idear ruling things out lol

wanna make clear i wasnt mocking people with hearing difficulty there but aas soon as i posted that i thought it could come across that way. just a comment with zero thought in it as i usually post.

wanna make clear i wasnt mocking people with hearing difficulty there but aas soon as i posted that i thought it could come across that way. just a comment with zero thought in it as i usually post.

I didn’t quite catch that could you repeat. 😉

maybe the problem is the customers hearing which am not sure you could help with unless the person has hearing aids then u could mmore than likely help. just an idear ruling things out lol
I never thought of that. I'll leave it a couple of days and then call the customer to say I've thoroughly tested your laptop and there's nothing wrong with it, but you are profoundly deaf. You owe me £60. Would seem strange to call a deaf person though. 😂
He's about 30 years of age and looks really fit. He'll either come round and pay me or punch my head in

i made the opposite mistake was giving off about our telly programs being ruined by that fella doing sign language talking up a quarter of the screen but i was accusing blind people of being too lazy to turn on and read the subtitles was only messing one of me buddies around who was blind but i was mocked for a good while about that shit

Back