Swine Flu jab. Still worth it?

Dazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had my Swine flu jab last November/December IIRC.

My little fella is booked in this week for his S/F jab, but I'm not sure it's worth putting him through it TBH... Winter is over virtually, if not already, and he's a fit and healthy lad. I'm just not convinced it's worth him being put through it.

What would you do?

He's nearly five, with no health concerns. I do have health concerns, (poor immune system) but I'm still not sure it's worth putting him through it now TBH.

Our 2 year old just had it, she seem fine but when the misses had it last year she reacted quite badly to it.

Right now I would say its still worth it. I know winter is almost over but there are still a lot of cases out there. And if you son gets ill that would not be good news for you either.

Our 2 year old just had it, she seem fine but when the misses had it last year she reacted quite badly to it.

Right now I would say its still worth it. I know winter is almost over but there are still a lot of cases out there. And if you son gets ill that would not be good news for you either.

Thanks for that mate.

I was fine with it, no reaction at all. But like you say, is it worth the risk? Probably not in reality, but then looking back, it does seem like the whole thing was massively over hyped and were it me going for the jab now, I'm not sure I'd bother TBH?

Who'd be a parent! Lol

dont know if it makes any difference but when enrolling my kids in school back in jan I had to get some immunisations done before the school would accept them. The nurse said it is recommended to get swine flu jab. That is the recommendation they are giving.

Well my kids took it (youngest is 7) and so far no problems. Did not even get sick when they took it.

dont know if it makes any difference but when enrolling my kids in school back in jan I had to get some immunisations done before the school would accept them. The nurse said it is recommended to get swine flu jab. That is the recommendation they are giving.

Well my kids took it (youngest is 7) and so far no problems. Did not even get sick when they took it.

In the US yes, some areas have that policy (though you can get an exception). In the UK there is no such policy, the government cannot make you get your child immunised.

After the MMR scare of a couple of years ago, immunisation drop to below 50% in some areas and surprise, surprise there has been a rise in the number of outbreaks of some of the illnesses.

Back