Solid Oak Unit -Is it worth anything??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have this left in a property as last tenant did not want it. Is it worth Anything?
Its rock sold wood, very heavy, lovely details (even on the inside), all doors/drawers/locks work great.

I'm not even sure what it is properly called tbh, but it's a lovely piece of furniture and to good for the skip imo.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Is it...I'll just smash it up then and skip it..

Shame though as its built well.

Looking at handles and metal scroll work it looks fairly modern , would need a big room to make it look good. Second hand dealers might be interested but it looks huge so difficult to sell on.

looks nice but as said above brown furniture is @ a all time low. donate it to a charity shop as they would pick it up for free.

Take one of the draws out and see if the dovetails are hand made which will show how old it is.

Put it up on Gumtree/facebook. Latest stuff i sold on facebook were seen quicker with less timewasters.

It is not an Antique, I know someone with the identical unit with matching corner unit and HiFi cupboard.

Thats a nice peice. It looks new or it was recently restored if not.

I bought some similar units recently and I'd be very surprised if that was not at least 500 new. Like some of the others said put it up on facebook, gumtree, done deal etc..

Back