Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Swapping Atmels

Lance

Inactive User
I have a 2000 box with boxkey that no longer works.
If i removed the atties,could i place them in another box and use the known box key.
I have always stayed clear of 2000 because of those chips,but i thought why not have a go.Nothing to lose as 1 box is faulty and the other i dont have the bk.

You should be able to transfer the Atmels from one box to another one of the same model. Make sure it is actually the same model though as there are often several revisions of the same basic type (very often supplied to different suppliers - TW supplied 2000's may have differences to C&W supplied 2000's etc).

tbh, You have nothing to lose by trying !

You should be able to transfer the Atmels from one box to another one of the same model. Make sure it is actually the same model though as there are often several revisions of the same basic type (very often supplied to different suppliers - TW supplied 2000's may have differences to C&W supplied 2000's etc).

tbh, You have nothing to lose by trying !

Thanks Nozzer,yes they are both the same model.
If this worked would i use the box key from the donated atmels,also i take it the ird remains the same as it was on the recieving box,not the ird from the donar?

The IRD & BK will be from the donor box. Also, if you've never tried removing/replacing atmels before, then practice on a scrap board (even an old pc motherboard or whatever) - there are few things more certain in life than mucking it up on your first attempt :)

Last edited:
The IRD & BK will be from the donor box. Also, if you've never tried removing/replacing atmels before, then practice on a scrap board (even an old pc motherboard or whatever) - there are few things more certain in life than mucking it up on your first attempt :)

Lol,This was the first time i have removed them,and with success.I will be practicing replacing them a few times in the donar box,before i put them into a good box.Practice makes perfect.
And i learn something new,i didnt know the ird is stored in the atties aswell.
Thanks Bammy

Lol,This was the first time i have removed them,and with success.I will be practicing replacing them a few times in the donar box,before i put them into a good box.Practice makes perfect.
And i learn something new,i didnt know the ird is stored in the atties aswell.
Thanks Bammy
hi m8 have heard of this little program u can use it to change ur ird and i think box key not 100% sure, but it looks very promising it...all credit goes to wisdom on this

hi m8 have heard of this little program u can use it to change ur ird and i think box key not 100% sure, but it looks very promising it...all credit goes to wisdom on this

Thanks Gentlex,i give it a go,sounds good if it does.
No harm in trying.

Sounds obvious but dont practice with the good chips. The legs have a habit of dropping off after a few removals/re-attachements especially when you are still learning the techniques.

Sounds obvious but dont practice with the good chips. The legs have a habit of dropping off after a few removals/re-attachements especially when you are still learning the techniques.

Thanks Nozzer,i will bear that in mind.
I have heard so many members on here,that have run the other way when it comes to lifting the atties(me included).I just thought it was about time that i had a go myself.The boxes are just stuck away in my shed,so i have nothing to lose,i can just gain some more experiance.

Back