svp sent aone plus's and l ordered standard one wot will they do

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Aone Full-Face Printable 8x Double Layer DVD+R

l ordered the ones from the link above and as u can see there standard aones and they have send plus ones and there crap l think ..

they dont even sell plus ones on there site ?

wot would u do

I use them all the time mate and have yet to have a coaster

Aone Full-Face Printable 8x Double Layer DVD+R

l ordered the ones from the link above and as u can see there standard aones and they have send plus ones and there crap l think ..

they dont even sell plus ones on there site ?

wot would u do

I ordered two tubs a while back and posted that they sent Aone plus to me aswell, I never had any problems with Aones but Aone plus where hit and miss so thats why I ordered off SVP, it said they where standard but they were not.

Luckily enough my m8 uses Aone plus and he bought them off me.

same disks smirnoff mate, just write faster, standards do 2.4x only these plus ones do upto 8x.

wish they where m8 .. l burn a few and pass them on to m8's at a small fee lol and the plus ones r a problem with some of them but the standard one they never have a problem .. l did three gears last week on plus ones and l had to change to standard one for them .

l only use verb on my own . but never had so many coasters

they might of been a bad batch ? . looks like there movin to the plus ones ..

might be a bad batch, same happened with the slow origianl ones for me, i only got 1 good burn out of ten, nearly jacked them for good but decided to buy somemore never had a bad burn since so they must have been dodgy, are you still burning at 2.4x with the new ones? if its set at auto it'll burn them faster and maybe why your getting bad results.

i got some plus ones yesterday so i'll test mine but if anything the newer ones should be better, unless they changed the dye.

2.4 on aones and max on the verbs .. soon see l'll try on fallout 3 tonight

might be a bad batch, same happened with the slow origianl ones for me, i only got 1 good burn out of ten, nearly jacked them for good but decided to buy somemore never had a bad burn since so they must have been dodgy, are you still burning at 2.4x with the new ones? if its set at auto it'll burn them faster and maybe why your getting bad results.

i got some plus ones yesterday so i'll test mine but if anything the newer ones should be better, unless they changed the dye.

I was also thinking the changed the dye cos they are crap for me, I have tried tubs from SVP and my local computer shop and both tubs give too many coasters so it doubles the price if not more than that. I will stick with the verbs.

same disks smirnoff mate, just write faster, standards do 2.4x only these plus ones do upto 8x.

for games just set them to what you have been burning at, 2.4x job done.

All my standard Aones burn at 8x :err:

I've never laid eyes on an Aone Plus.

All my standard Aones burn at 8x :err:

I've never laid eyes on an Aone Plus.

thats because your special, ;)

normal ones ive got burn at 2.4x they wont burn any faster on my 112 or is it the newer drive i have now lol, i cant remember.

i can say ive never had a bad burn with them though except one bad batch of 10.

and the aone plus are new so you've just probably not had any yet. ive only just got them and ive not tried them yet but im hoping they go ok.

Last edited:
...but all my Aones actually say 8x on them, not 2.4x

I've been using the Aone plus's from the start cos they are so much cheaper than the Verb's ...a 100 for around £45

I burn them on my Pioneer at x4 and had no probs at all

Cheers

Do they still make the standard aones DL since when I ordered from Scan last week they only had Aone+ DL's, not used them yet though.

Quick question, if I burn an ISO fine with CloneDVD but the 360 will not read, because of dye, media, 360 being a dick, can i re-rip back to and ISO and re-burn using a verb on my Kreon (over even a one to one with Kreon and pioneer 112D both on slow speed settings?)

Yes mate, as long as the data is fine then there's no reason why you can't re-rip it and burn it onto a more compatible disc.

I've used loads of the aone plus's both printable and not. I have an old hitachi drive. I've found that if you burn at 8x they work but do give dirty disc errors quite frequently. But if burnt at 2.4x they work perfectly. So far no coasters ! Very good and cheap media.

well l had to bin a few , was checking next to the new ones that came and on the old plus's l have u see the red on the edges , it even looks like the dye as leaked out .. just did two at 6x and they worked fine .. looks like it as a bad batch ..

and changed to clone cd from img burn to see if that helps

will keep an eye out for that in the next lot l get

Last edited:
i got 20 Aone+'s last week form svp and there crap...

burn ok in the pc but when in the 360 they come up saying please clean disk half way after a bit of playing the game...

5 Aone+'s just to get one game...burnt fifa 09 3 times on um and it still dont work proper in the 360....

there crap

Im sure I said before about how these companies randomly change the dye.

Can anyone check the dye on a normal and a +?

i got 20 Aone+'s last week form svp and there crap...

burn ok in the pc but when in the 360 they come up saying please clean disk half way after a bit of playing the game...

5 Aone+'s just to get one game...burnt fifa 09 3 times on um and it still dont work proper in the 360....

there crap

lm havin the same problem .. god knows why but gears 2 is crap lol plays up on every disc apart from verbs ?

just ordered some standard aones again today .. past time l get plus ones

svp email and just said sorry they need to update there site and l can send back if l wanted ?

they havnt any standard aones

Back