svp sent aone plus's and l ordered standard one wot will they do

10 Aone's + just to do one game... $hit...

just started the second tub of 10 out of the 20 i got from svp and the first one wouldent work in 360....

9 left out of 20 and only one game ok so far...

I've now burnt 4 Aone plus discs in my Pioneer 216D SATA all burn and verify fine, work OK in the 360 as well I still burn a 2.4x though to be on the safe side. 100% success rate so far.
My old Pioneer 111D IDE didnt want to know with these discs....95% failure rate...but I had no problems with any other media Ridisc, Verbs etc were all OK. I was thinking that maybe the 111D stock firmware 1.29 doesnt have a decent write strategy for the RICOHJPN D01-067 type dye on these Aone plus discs..
But apparently some other people with the same drive and firmware version have no issues with the Aone Plus discs.
Intresting to see that they work OK for you as well now with the 216D. I've seen on some other forums their saying that the Aones are fake stamped media i.e: theyre not not true RICOHJPN D01 dye....their a cheap dye with a fake MID stamper...Not sure what to believe....I still dont think my old 111D is faulty...just cant cope with the particular dye on these discs...

I've now burnt 4 Aone plus discs in my Pioneer 216D SATA all burn and verify fine, work OK in the 360 as well I still burn a 2.4x though to be on the safe side. 100% success rate so far.
My old Pioneer 111D IDE didnt want to know with these discs....95% failure rate...but I had no problems with any other media Ridisc, Verbs etc were all OK. I was thinking that maybe the 111D stock firmware 1.29 doesnt have a decent write strategy for the RICOHJPN D01-067 type dye on these Aone plus discs..
But apparently some other people with the same drive and firmware version have no issues with the Aone Plus discs.
Intresting to see that they work OK for you as well now with the 216D. I've seen on some other forums their saying that the Aones are fake stamped media i.e: theyre not not true RICOHJPN D01 dye....their a cheap dye with a fake MID stamper...Not sure what to believe....I still dont think my old 111D is faulty...just cant cope with the particular dye on these discs...

have u looked at the face of your new burnt disc,s ? with this writer u can see the layers

Aone's+ burn fine in me pc with the liton burnner in and clone....

its when i try them in the 360 i get a BIG F-OFF

Aone's+ burn fine in me pc with the liton burnner in and clone....

its when i try them in the 360 i get a BIG F-OFF

Try to verify them with imgburn on your pc. If your PC can sucessfully read the burns without errors then a tweak and/or clean of your xbox360 laser maybe all you need.

I had to tweak my 360 laser to get it to read any aones without errors.

Drop the burn speed mate. I was having problems at 6x with aone disks, so dropped to x4 and they are burning fine.

Its cause you have a lite-on burner lol

Donna think so mate already burnt 60 on ridisc's and all them work spot on in 360.....

out of 13 Aone's+ ive managed to do 2 x games on the Aone's and the 2 games work no problem at all... my lads playin far cry on a Aone + with no prob's at all and hes near half way in the game....

all the burns on Aone's ive dune in the liton drive burn ok with clone no problem at all... its when i put the burnt game in the 360...

I only burn at 2.4x on DL'S

Last edited:
i got 20 Aone+'s last week form svp and there crap...

burn ok in the pc but when in the 360 they come up saying please clean disk half way after a bit of playing the game...

5 Aone+'s just to get one game...burnt fifa 09 3 times on um and it still dont work proper in the 360....

there crap

exactly the same problem here with the bulkpaq DL + R x2.4 as well games keep crashing.

Ive just give my 360 a clean inside and then used a lens cleaner and the games I thought were toasters are not crashing anymore so looks like the post above was good advice just needed to give the lens a wipe :drink:

still the ritek discs I got with the system worked before hand the clean so I guess it is the quality of the disk as well.

ritek extreme +RW 100% work and never get a crash are a toaster according to the lad i bought it off and he gis 50 games with it all ritek so i cant doubt his word there never in stock though ?

wonder why

Last edited:
i did have a few more problems with these discs after my last post .so far 9 coasters out of 30 ,they are a bit hit and miss with me .but i did have imgburn and clonecd installed together .i was told that this may be causing a conflict between the two programs ,so i removed imgburn and they burning ok again now touch wood..

I got these Aone Plus Disks of Ebuyer and they are absolute rubbish. I have burnt 3 copies of NFS Undercover and have gotten nothing but Coasters. Even burnt Left 4 Dead and that's a coaster too. I am using the same Hardware and Software setup as I did for the normal Aone Disks (Mac OSX 10.5 with iBurn360 burning at 2.4 speed (Never had any coasters from the normal Aone Disks)). I'm going to try updating my drive firmware on Windows and see what happens. Fingers crossed...

Had a batch of Aone + before and they seemed to be alright.

But ive gotten a new batch yesterday and there fookin shite.

opened the packed and all the disc were stuck together with the dye, first 2 were coasters.

Next 2 worked but i get dirty disc errors all the time.

I had the exact same issue. Discs are stuck together and produce dirty disc error coasters. I'm glad it's not only me. If anyone finds any good alternatives do post em :)

A lad works in a computer shop locally gives me Ritek discs sometimes.

Bout a 90% success rate with them, 2.4X is the most they will burn at tho.
Ritek

50 For 10 pounds, jaysus!

What dye do the use?

50 For 10 pounds, jaysus!

What dye do the use?

the same a the good old aones before the plus ones hit the shops

hysical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67
Book Type: DVD+R DL
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified