Sunray SE Problems

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was messing with images today trying different ones, was also looking to make another backup :)
but run into problems the box now won't fully boot
Capture.JPG

Ive tried sunray flashup but all that says is cannot connect to com port, aborting :(

I think Ive used flashup once before that was about 3 years ago lol so Ive been very lucky in the past :)

any tips how to get box fully booted again

Ive tried many backups and all of them will not boot and get same message as screenshot

HELP !!! lol

I was messing with images today trying different ones, was also looking to make another backup :)
but run into problems the box now won't fully boot
View attachment 75219

Ive tried sunray flashup but all that says is cannot connect to com port, aborting :(

I think Ive used flashup once before that was about 3 years ago lol so Ive been very lucky in the past :)

any tips how to get box fully booted again

Ive tried many backups and all of them will not boot and get same message as screenshot

HELP !!! lol

Bootloader mate.Also i had that message it because my backups were to big

Ive flashed bootloader
what do you mean mate ?

backups are fine :) Ive used them many times

it was after trying another backup that was heavily loaded with bits and trying to install the ones I use that problems arose

now even when I try to go back to one of my smaller backups it still tells me of this error

Have you tried yassinov's tools m8?

It should be in the downloads :)

No mate ill look for that in a sec :)

I don't mind when things like this happen(although bloody annoying) I then remember what it's like to be new to something ;)

Im still getting this com port error :err:

Did you install the usb drivers, on your pc, for the dm800se m8,so that it picks up the port?

err no :blushing: where are they ?
Im using a mini usb thing

Try these ones

Attachments

• CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.zip
    5 MB · Views: 3
what way are you recovering box

never needed usb drivers before have you mini flash button on box?

iirc if you dont have the right drivers it wont find comport 1,some pc's will pick the lead up correctly others wont,but it doesnt do any harm to install them anyway :)

Sorry John I'm away to watch the match,hope you get sorted ;)

Still think this issue is a flash error with bad sectors.

It should be recoverable with DreamUP or Flashup with the extra tab recover bad sectors option selected.

You need to get the comport for the service cable recognised in windows and then

1--- Connect USB cable to service slot on DM800SE/DM500HD and USB slot on Pc. Windows will then install the driver

You will notice, windows created a virtual Com Port connection to be be used ( in this case Com Port 4)

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the romote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to flash

what do I do after Ive run that repair tool ?

connect with yassinov's tools and run that
now connected with dreamup and flashing a image
fook this for a game of soldiers lol

I'll stick with my Bouquets ;)
@Ferret I ticked recover bad sectors :) wish me luck

Last edited by a moderator:
All Fixed :)

many thanks to all :)

hope this helps others too having this problem (files are here too) so should get you sorted :)
@bhoywonder no button just a socket mate (older version)

@Rat i don't know how you managed to get through the day I would have been pulling my hair out, wife would have been given me grief as well kids running round the house there is no way I would have managed.

Well done m8, thats the best thing about this forum there is always members here to help.

Back