stupid question about dm800hd

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i always thought it was a top top box, not like the 8000hd but still good. been reading specs and it says one LNB input.

does that mean it dont have 2 tuners, so you cant actually watch one thing while recording another?

if thats the case whats so good about it apart from the 720 HD? the 600pvr seems a better priced box?

Yep only one tuner mate.
High Def sat box also.
DM600 isn't HD.

DM800HD has the following differences / benefits over a 600

- Faster CPU @ 300 Mhz, Dm600 has a 252mhz CPU.
- HD capibilty.
- USB ports and SATA interface. You can connect external ESATA hard disk if required, or USB wireless dongles/DVB tuners/ Flash drives etc etc..
- More RAM and Flash than DM600. (256meg RAM / 64 meg flash vs 96 meg RAM and 32 Meg flasH).
- Enigma 2 based.
- Front OLED Display.
- The amount of plugins and additions is great...Youtube viewer, Google Maps etc.
- Media player funtionality...plays divx, avi files etc...

I've owned both DM600 and a DM800HD...The 800 is a lot better probably due to the images and menus looking and feeling a lot better due to being Enigma 2 based, The DreamElite BH images are very nice indeed. Much better than any Enigma 1 image i've used. Response form menus an options is also faster on a DM800HD.
Obviously, theres the benefit of HD as well, which the 600 doesnt have. If you dont need HD the DM600 is a great piece of kit...cant go wrong for the price.
It's the shame the DM800HD clones are a bit flaky when it comes to tuners and HD glitching..

Last edited:
my dm800hd replaced my dm600, ive had both from when they were pretty much first released, and the dm800 is a far better machine

@gsmtech

"Media player funtionality...plays divx, avi files etc..."

Mate my box does not play divx movies - apparently divx is not supported unless you stream it from your pc via VLC? Is there another method to play divx movies directly from external hard drive?

Cheers

Nope your right cant natively play divx, can stream via VLC and a PC though.

my dm800hd replaced my dm600, ive had both from when they were pretty much first released, and the dm800 is a far better machine

have both m8, and the 800 is far superior
have hdd in both ....works out cheaper than the twin tuner 8000, and hav the ability to watch one channel and record another

a bit OTT i know, but what the heck

Nope your right cant natively play divx, can stream via VLC and a PC though.

That's what I thought - cheers.

Is this a software issue or the hardware simply isnt capeable? It can play .264 hd files though?

Not sure...DM800 only a 300mhz CPU, but then again you can get cheap DVD players that can play DIVX and I doubt they have a decent CPU...maybe lacking some onboard hardware for DIVX codec support..

the 800 can play .mkv files no problems. the only drawback with the .mkv files is if the .mkv has the audio coded as DTS. only audio u will get from .mkv is 5.1 or similiar. anything DTS related will not play. i also put a dvd rip in vob format of a movie on a pen drive and it played(not avi). if u want to play avi convert it to .ts. i use winavi to convert.

Back