Stuck on bootup

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I have a DM800HD (Clone) with the following image on:-

DreamboxUK_v2.1.1_SIM2_84A_DM800.nfi

No additional addon's installed, but i do have SGTFlipFlop's channel lists installed. This issue has happened a few times now, i can flash the box with the image and add the channel lists and use the box without any problems for several days. However it seems as though if i don't power on the DM800 for a few days that after this period of not being used it gets stuck on booting up (on the DM800 screen it shows as half way across the progress bar on booting).

I've connected to the box via DCC - see attached screen print which shows the free flash space and free space on USB etc DCC screen print.jpg

I was also getting an error message about parsing an xml file when trying to load up the DM800 ip in my browser so i could try and control the DM800 that way but now i don't even get that far.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so any ideas how i can fix without re-flashing?

Is there any log files i can check via ftp?

Thanks,

Darren

Edit - i forgot to say CrossEPG is included in the image, usually update this once a week on a friday.

I had a faulty HDD, once i took it out the dm booted straight back up.

hi a tu le monde

Evening all,

I have a DM800HD (Clone) with the following image on:-

DreamboxUK_v2.1.1_SIM2_84A_DM800.nfi

No additional addon's installed, but i do have SGTFlipFlop's channel lists installed. This issue has happened a few times now, i can flash the box with the image and add the channel lists and use the box without any problems for several days. However it seems as though if i don't power on the DM800 for a few days that after this period of not being used it gets stuck on booting up (on the DM800 screen it shows as half way across the progress bar on booting).

I've connected to the box via DCC - see attached screen print which shows the free flash space and free space on USB etc View attachment 64701

I was also getting an error message about parsing an xml file when trying to load up the DM800 ip in my browser so i could try and control the DM800 that way but now i don't even get that far.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so any ideas how i can fix without re-flashing?

Is there any log files i can check via ftp?

Thanks,

Darren

Edit - i forgot to say CrossEPG is included in the image, usually update this once a week on a friday.

i've now loaded this image onto my Dm800:-

OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20120222-sim201-ssl84b.nfi

I wonder how long this one will fair for me.

I am afraid it's the same with most of the DM's either the 800 or 800se some receivers just dont like some images, a base image like Mark_the_Yid has mentioned should sort it as they are fresh clean images without the Bloated Goodies installed.

Back