Stuck at The Final step

WIZARD22

Inactive User
Reaction score
Followed the New 3.1-4.1 softmod for any Wii but I am stuck at this point -

5. THE FINAL STEP

Priiloader is also an optional install, if you don't want it just skip b & c, but you must do step d, system menu hacks can be taken care of by Starfall (3.2) or startpatch (4/4.1), if you want them click my sig and have a look through my mediafire. There are no system hacks for 3.3/3.4.

a) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - make sure you do this before you install Priiloader. If you installed it in step 4 then skip this part. Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

When I go to the sd card I have the following options

Available WAD files on [sd:/]

[APPS]
[PRIVATE]
[WAD]
[bootmil]
IOS15-64-v257.wad (1.54)MB
IOS15-64-v266.wad (1.82)MB
IOS36-64-v3094.wad (1.69)MB
IOS38-64-v3610.wad (1.85)MB

Press A button to (un)install a wad file
Press B button to select a storage device

What do I do at this point so close bbut not passed the finish line yet

I think I have it sorted I scrolled down to the wad folder and found these and installed as stated in step D

d) In the Priiloader menu select Homebrew Channel (if you didn't install Priiloader then just open HBC as normal), run Wad Manager 1.4, use default settings (IOS249 & SD card) and install these wads from the 'wad' folder:

IOS38-64-v3610 (I Installed)
IOS50-64-v4889 (I Installed)
IOS53-64-v5149 (I Installed)
IOS55-64-v5149 (I Installed)
NeoGamma r8b7 (I Installed)

Then restart your Wii.

I have done all and the Wii still boots OK am I done now ?

Not sure mate, i`m normally a hardware man, but recently relented as softmods far exceed hardmods on wii`s now. I did one other day on 4.1e and it and it failed on priiloader, i found a safe 4.2e upload wad which dowloaded all the files to safely update my wii to 4.2e, then just started the 4.2e softmod guide and it was sorted.

I am hardware myself and being from a hardware background I know the type of problems we got into with software thats why I am carefull. I am having problems around this final step but the Wii boots OK so I dont know if I need this priiloader or not or what it does even. There is talk of starfall whatever that is. I have backed up the nand but hope I never need it.

Hi mate.

Priloader isnt that important. If you want priloader to work you have to leve the MMS card in the Wii all the time. I dont use it and i have done loads of Wii's.

Priloader just stops disk updates and little things like that.

Do copied backup games work on ur wii now?

Thanks for that I have just got it installed and I see what you mean at the moment just having a look at the menus in it but so far all looks good. Got there in the end might not have been as stated but by the looks of it, all the important steps were completed without any issues. I am about to download a couple of games of NZB now so it will take a wee while should be done by the morning and I will build my drive up and try tomorrow night when I get the kids of to bed. Stay tuned as I might need some help.

Should my external drive work now or do I need more files downloaded for a external drive for the Wii to see it.?

yes m8 you need a usbloader i suggest you use configurable usb loader as the 60lt version can use ntfs hdd drives look through my posts there are links for that loader and modmii which will update all the wads you have installed with the older softmod you have used music games that need a mic need to be changed to load using cios223-mload which can be done in cfgusbloader game options

edogg

OK got USB loader installed and got a few files converted, USb loader appears in the menu now of the WII. When I fire up the USB Loader and press START (reads the drive for a moment) then we hit a problem huston -

[+] ERROR
customer IOS 222 Could not be loaded {-4
Press any button to restart

I have it sorted I am using configurable USB Loader CFG. I got a file here when I dug through some posts and installed it. The two games that I have downloaded are woking (Donkey Kong Country Returns) and (Pac Man Party) , at the moment there is no artwork just the folders show on the drive. Do I have to be connected to the internet as this is disabled at the moment or is there a means to obtain these witout being connected .

I have it sorted I am using configurable USB Loader CFG. I got a file here when I dug through some posts and installed it. The two games that I have downloaded are woking (Donkey Kong Country Returns) and (Pac Man Party) , at the moment there is no artwork just the folders show on the drive. Do I have to be connected to the internet as this is disabled at the moment or is there a means to obtain these witout being connected .

normally just download them m8, i have the folder with the covers on, could upload them for you...

From were and what way are they saved in your games folder on the harddisk sorry if this sounds a daft question.

I think the version of loader is a old one I have downloaded the latested version from here USB Loader Releases - WikiTemp but I am having trouble installing it do you have to remove the old one first.

From were and what way are they saved in your games folder on the harddisk sorry if this sounds a daft question.

I think the version of loader is a old one I have downloaded the latested version from here USB Loader Releases - WikiTemp but I am having trouble installing it do you have to remove the old one first.

when you download the covers, it automatically generates a folder on your harddrive and saves them.
i'll upload my folders folder, just copy it to your harddrive and see if it works...

if i look in my games folder there is a sort of code before the game title which matches the covers, i think.....
might be way off the mark here but no harm in trying lol...

someone will probably read this and die laughing... lol

OK I got it could not find the config options there is a option to download cover image I think this is were you were taking about sorry for being so thick but I suppose I have not done bad no major mishaps. Time to connect to the web. Do I have to use wireless or could I setup a USB port instead.

Also how do I update or change the Loader

m8, if you can connect to web wirelesy then

start a game
press 1 for settings
then select universal settings
then select download all missing covers...

thats it, the wii does the rest for you... :)

once you have loaded usbconfigloader there is an option to look for updates.

Load usbconfgloader then press 1
Press 1 again for Global Options and at the bottom of the list is "<Check for updates>
Press A
Latest is 62a
Press A and will download and it will say "press any button" when finished.
Reload usbconfigloader.

Ray

once you have loaded usbconfigloader there is an option to look for updates.

Load usbconfgloader then press 1
Press 1 again for Global Options and at the bottom of the list is "<Check for updates>
Press A
Latest is 62a
Press A and will download and it will say "press any button" when finished.
Reload usbconfigloader.

Ray

ray,
if he replaced his empty covers folder with mine, would the games automatically pick them up?

ray,
if he replaced his empty covers folder with mine, would the games automatically pick them up?

Hey Andy,

To be honest im not sure as its not something i have done. It wont harm anything if you tried. Im just wondering if it would then show the covers to all your games but he would not be able to load the games???

I believe he can connect it to the web so im thinking that would be the easy way and he could then update the loader too.

no it doesnt m8,
you know how i lost all the games off my hd.
i saved the file with all the covers on,
but the covers for the games i no longer have just dont show up.
interestingly when i backed up his legite games to the new harddrive i didnt have to download covers...

Thats what I was thinking connect to the web and download the covers and update the loader now that I have found the option screen. I don't have a wireless connection in the house but I have a a switch that is connected to the media server and TV as I run XBMC. I notice that the Wii has no Network port but there is a unit to convert it and I am just thinking if a USB to ethernet converter would work for me as maplin have one or does it have to be the Wii one. I think a search on youtube might find something

Back