struggling to get the motor straight on the pole

pgtips1975

Inactive User
Reaction score
has the motor arm got to be straight so it is inline with the pole, as mine seems twisted i think the wind has give it some hammer, trying to start again an relign the dish ie the motor straight and set to zero then bolt up and then move round to find thor.

its a 1.2m dish with techomate motor vuduo box

well i can find thor i get 80% on usals but struggling on the other sats weak signal i dont think the motor is straight enough on the pole hence throwing it out
any installers here help me out in the bolton lancs area ta

On the motor the dish needs to be vertical with the line in the centre of the motor arm.
it all needs to be vertical/plumb etc.
Make sure when tightening bolts you do it evemly otherwise you will be a little offest.

so the height is right on the dish with getting thor then.
the brackets on the back of the motor dont seem inline i think thats whats throwing it out, but i put it at 0 on the motor, and get the dish and motor to look straight the motor looks a cof out its a big dish and dont fancy taking it down unless i have too

can the motor be made straight on the pole with dish attached

you wanna nip up and get it straight for me lol

ive already offered to help you on sunday morning for the price of a drink... imo thats the least i would give someone for giving their time at a weekend, regards mdt

i did not know you had offered pal
never got a post from you, some advice really would be good i have had the dish up and running but never got decent signals as was told the bigger the dish the harder to configure algin you will see why when you come up. i had a 88cm dish but i wanted 4e and a better reception ie rain etc. not sure if its worth putting it on the chimney and having done with it. see what you think. but if you can come up sunday that would be brilliant a big help ta ill pm you over details pal

i did not know you had offered pal
never got a post from you, some advice really would be good i have had the dish up and running but never got decent signals as was told the bigger the dish the harder to configure algin you will see why when you come up. i had a 88cm dish but i wanted 4e and a better reception ie rain etc. not sure if its worth putting it on the chimney and having done with it. see what you think. but if you can come up sunday that would be brilliant a big help ta ill pm you over details pal

i replied to your pm but you might not have recieved it yet but i cant see why not. first bit of advice m8 is you cant put a 1.2m dish on a chimney unless you want to rip your chimney off the roof and end up with a destroyed dish and not to mention that the maximum allowed by planning regs is 60cm anyway, regards mdt

Last edited:
no worries it a cottage m8, its on the front of the house on the corner just to give you some idea its
one of those L shaped brackets, i have had a support made in the middle to give it more support, and i have added extra scaf pole to it with a scaf bracket to give it more height its all straight the pole.

its the motor thats throwing it out, i cant get it straight,in the past i have had the motor arm inline with the pole but its a cog out, really strigged since changing dish hope you can help me out be ever so grateful

its the motor thats throwing it out, i cant get it straight,in the past i have had the motor arm inline with the pole but its a cog out, really strigged since changing dish hope you can help me out be ever so grateful

send me your details via the PM SYSTEM (mobile ect) and ill give you a ring tomorrow or saturday and we,ll have a chat, regards mdt

mdt will sort it for you top bloke

Back