Streaming Problem

derekjobson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I need a bit of help.
I recently bought a nokia dbox2 off a friend. The box is already set up and running SS-ENIGMA V2.0 and is working fine. I would like to be able to stream the tv from the dbox to my pc. I have connected the dbox to my network and I am able to acess it with an FTP program.
I have been trying to get the Enigma Web Interface to stream from the dbox. I enter the interface by typing my dbox's IP address and everything seems to work fine I can change channels , view epg, ect, but I have no success with streaming. Im using Internet Explorer 7and VLC Player 0.8.6e-win32. I open the web interface but when I click on the "WEB X TV" link a new window opens and all I see is the Orange and White Traffic Cone Icon of VLC player in the middle of the page. If I click on the VLC icon to the right of the page I get a "video.m3u" file to OPEN or SAVE. If I open the file VLC Player starts but I get no sound or video. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have the same problem, so would be grateful for a response on this. I have the same config. The only thing I can add is that a firefox runtime error flashes up for a milisecond (i.e. too quick to read) if I try and use the web-x-tv thingy.

Thanks in advance.

Its a bit of hit and miss with streaming through y-web. SOme people have reported that the newer versions of vlc cause probs so might be worth while reverting to an earlier version.

Also try one of the windows dbox viewers such as Neutrino TV, this is a program that takes care of the streaming for you and shows your epg etc

Cheers

Back