stream dbox2 on psp

No worrys dude, you'll also find you have a good setup to serve your dreambox over the internet if required, just change the VLC settings on your PC into WMV with mp3 audio and choose a bitrate just below your upload speed, works a charm! Remember to use your external IP address and forward the port you selected in VLC.

that sounds interesting.
cheers

just reading this thread let me get this right ur streaming live tv to psp ! can you do this away from the house ?? if not then why watch it on a small screen instead of tv ?? or is it just to say it can be done ? i`m intrigued i got mine on the net to view but if tv is in front of me cannot see why watch it on psp screen ??

well i cant view my dbox2 away from the house, well in theory i could if the place i was at had inet and using wingrab and port forwarding like fakemail said.

basicly for me somebody asked if it was possible and just had to find out LOL.
i love a good challenge and wont stop until the jobs done! hehe

but on the downside, and i didnt know this untill tonight, when wifi is connected the PSP wont charge, the orange charge light turns to green when wifi is enabled and this video streaming takes some juice out of your battery fast.

at first i thought it was my PSP playing up but ive tried it with a friends and my sons and they do the same *SIGH*

so there's just enough power to catch eastenders while your in the bath: spook :

Last edited:
That would be me who started all this off the reason was so my son could watch dbox in his bed room once again all thease smart chaps sorted it

now i just need to try and sort it is there going to be any tut kryton
:)

yeah mate, i'll do a write up for you tommorow if thats ok.
im at work early tommorow so im off to hit the sack now and this write up could take a while: shocked2
will post back tommorow with it mate

in the mean time mate check that thread out at pspiso on how to install vlc on your psp, it will make things easier if you have it installed already.

Last edited:
cheers m8 your a star i will have a go at vlc again i got a bit lost last time on editing the ini file with ip addresses didnt know weather to put pc ip or dbox ip

thanks again
gary

well i cant view my dbox2 away from the house, well in theory i could if the place i was at had inet and using wingrab and port forwarding like fakemail said. :

Lol theres our next project Kryton...!!!!

been in dbox section and cant find wingrab am i loosing the plot lol

been in dbox section and cant find wingrab am i loosing the plot lol

dont worry about wingrab, if you can use live tv in y-web then i have just found a way without wingrab which is a bit more simpler. if you cant then i will supply you with wingrab.
will report back tommorow, i need my beauty sleep now lol.

interesting stuff guys i`ll look forward to following your tut to c if i can watch eastenders in the bath lol

so am i right in saying you stream the dbox to the pc then the psp streams from the pc ?

yeah mate thats correct..
i am writing this tutorial honest lol
im just working some very funny hours this week.
i will get it up here asap:Clap:

ok as promised i put together a tutorial on this.
it's completely from memory (with a few screen shots thrown in) and done in rough as i have been working like a fooker for the last 3 days. ive read through it and i dont think ive left anything out.
looks a little bit complex at first but i think once you get PMP VLC installed on your PSP and connecting to your wireless network ok the rest is a breeze.

View attachment 23177

if you get stuck along the way by anything that dosent make sense (like all of it lol) then gimme a shout and i'll try to help out.
hope it works for you ;)

Last edited:
cool going to give this ago kryton ive had a major workin week to
now to do somthing interesting

gary

with VLC on the pc your supposed to start it with this command in the target

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --extraintf=http

this you will find by right clicking on the desktop shortcut and selecting properties.

when i do this with VLC 0.8.5 it does start but i get no GUI.
it dont do it with any other version, so i just start 0.8.5 normaly and it works fine
with the normal target : "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

but if you do have any problems with the stream it's something you could try.

Hi mate
first problem lol the link to the replacement pmp file isnt valid

hmmm it's been removed from my attachments, must be a no no for some reason.

gimme a few minutes i'll try to upload it ti my webspace.

i guess it was removed because of none DW users downloading from here.
didnt think of that as the tut was meant for here only.

EDIT: ive udated the tutorial so it includes the pmp config file.

just double click on the rar file in the wordpad document.

Last edited:
Back