stream dbox2 on psp

freeda

Inactive User
Reaction score
just an idea has anybody tried to stream the dbox using the yweb on the psp
not a bad idea what do ya think

gazza: multi :

not sure how you would do it.
firstly i would think the low memory in the broswer would be a problem.
secondly how would you run VLC from the psp?

you might beable to use yweb. maybe try putting in the dbox ip if its on your network into the browser but i dont know if it would work

you should beable to connect to y-web np, but streaming wouldent work without VLC.
and you cant run VLC on the psp.

No HTTP type stream possible? maybe using the XBOX as an interim unit?

ye just tried it i get into yweb then get low memory
gutted would have been cool though guess im expecting a little to much
lol

ok i did some searchin into this a bit more.

seems it does look possible after all.

ive not tried it yet but might do later on.

firstly your gonna have to register here : >>pspiso<<

then have a look in "psp applications" in the psp download section.

their is a thread called "how to sream tv to your psp"
it tells you how to do it and give's you links to the stuff needed.
i didnt know this but their is a version of VLC for the psp which is cool.

good luck :)

Last edited:
cheers krypton sorry about the post in dbox2 forum just thought i would ask in there to thanks for the link i will have a look now :)

the tutorial shows you how to stream from TVU player which works.

the VLC player works on the psp so all we need to do now is find a way to stream the dbox with VLC.
i havent quite worked this out yet as y-web is still to much for the browser.

ok after reading this : http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6053

it looks like it will work but only from a video card.

7) start PMP VLC on PSP
8) select Live Stream and enjoy a transcoded stream from your capture or TV card on your PSP

looks like streaming over a network from the dbox is out of the question :(

Last edited:
Hmm, if you can get VLC running on the PSP then you sould really be able to stream to the PSP.

You will have to have "WinGrabTV-0.05.exe" running on the PC, then use VLC on the PC to stream the output of WinGrabTV to the network in a format that is recognised by the PSP VLC. I have used the above method to stream Dbox over the internet in a Widows Media format.

I'm gonna give this a try, and feedback if i get it working, just need to find a PSP streaming video player if i cant find the VLC for PSP.

DOH! I found PMP VLC for the psp and installed it but some across a different problem....

Im using 3.03oe fw and on my router have WPA-TKIP security, which is supported by 3.03 f/w but not 1.5, Now i think any homebrew running on 3.03oe uses the 1.5 kernel, which means i cannot get my wireless to connect. DOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

If theres someone out there please helpp... Is it possible to get WPA seciritu running in homebrew? There must be a way of decompiling the 1.5 f/w and swapping out the wireless security section with a newer one that supports WPA.....

In the meantime someone try and get hold of WinGrabTV-0.05.exe (google it) and use this to get the dbox showing its video in VLC on the PC. Once this is working this completes the connection from the Dbox to VLC on the PC, then the standard PMP streamer installation should sort out the rest.....

yep i came across this problem.
changed to wep and it connects ok now, same with psp radio.

been out for a while so i'll have a search for wingrab and see if i can do anything with that.

yep i came across this problem.
changed to wep and it connects ok now, same with psp radio..

lol thats a bit sh1te dude.... i dont really trust wep, seen loads of sites that show it being cracked in minutes!!! Someone really needs to get wpa working in 3.03oe under 1.5 kernel.... Oh well, just wait and see if someone does the magic ;-)

LOL

well maybe it is mate but where i live i doubt im going to get hacked international
intelligence. and i doubt i have any worry's from my neighbours ;)

still not gave it a try though and i dont know how to get this running with WPA.
but 1 thing for sure is every app ive tried with 3.03oe and WPA dont work.

would be nice to see this all working though.

How deep is this to do it appears to have been done have a look hear
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wftr7sDM-ZM[/ame]
i think this udes a capture card like you said krypton

im getting so close to cracking this lol.
got wingrab tv running ok on my pc.
then i run vlc on the psp and it says loading, then i get "format unknown" error.

ive not had much expeirence with wingrab tv so it's a case of trial and error.

Last edited:
LOL WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cracked it. using wingrab tv and vlc. it is fooking working a treat although it does zap battery life like there is no tommorow

heres a couple of pics i took, not great quality as there from my mobile phone cam.

View attachment 22885 View attachment 22886 View attachment 22887

and a big thanks to fakemail. i would never thought about wingrab if he hadn't of mentioned it.

Last edited:
No worrys dude, you'll also find you have a good setup to serve your dreambox over the internet if required, just change the VLC settings on your PC into WMV with mp3 audio and choose a bitrate just below your upload speed, works a charm! Remember to use your external IP address and forward the port you selected in VLC.

Back