Strange Samsung Bk Problem

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Dudes and Dudettes.

I got a sammy and i jtagged it and i got a bk. I got the ird and stuff.

But when i program the card, whether it be fun4 or tit, i just get a black screen. My atmega just says ur not subscribed.. blah blah bhal.

I tried many different bytes and got different possible bk's. I tried them all and only one of them out of the three gave me a not paired message on the tv.

Another thing is that the byte 0X00941460 ff gave me this info:

00941460: IR IR IR IR BK BK BK BK BK BK BK BK .. .. .. ..

IR= IRD

Strange thing is that someone else who was helping me out said that its not supposed to give u ird in that line. i got the matching bk in some other bytes.

This cable box came off the stream about 3 weeks back so im thinkin that coz it was taken off after the introduction of the jtag, n*l could have sent out fake bk's to all boxes or disabled this feature or changed the location of the byte.

Samsung debug tool gave me the same bk and other models gave me different ird and bk. I tried several combinations but to no avail.

JTAG was brought from TMC and it connects flawlessley.

I did short the battery and set net id. And i also let it update and also done the down at ld20 to go into navigator loading mode. Everything was done right.

When i stick in the rom11 revb0c original card, i can view the fta channels. As i said before i get a black screen with my white tit and fun4. I think its a problem with the bk bein wrong.

BTW, i have also used the file "sammy bytes" with the 8 differrent bytes.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Here are some facts:

Samsung SMT-2100c
net id: 41050 (docsis)
ird: 3E ** ** **
BK: 86 ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Hw Version: 1.04
Loader: 1.05
Build ver: 3_1_1_P2N_N_52100
Provider: Ex c&w
Pin before any mod: 0000 (thats how it was shown in eng menu).

yes had same prob on same setup it was bk being false .

rite, cheers blockit for confirming that. so anyone got any suggestions??

change the channel frequency in en menu

also when you do the bytes to get bk make sure the box is in en menu it will give you the real bk

cool. yea, the ocd did work when in eng menu. will give it a go tomorrow sometime. cheers jimmyq. BTW, luved ur pm! :p

but jokes aside, how is ur health now?? have u recovered?

yeh im up and running mate like a mean machine

good 2 hear m8. like i said i will try 2 morrow and see how it goes. cheers.

Im guessing that the engineer menu method only works on samsung docsis box's as I always seem to get a false bk doing it that way. :(

The trick on davic sammys is to hold the down button when it displays LD:20 and release after 5 secs or until LD:40 to catch the correct bk.

Why can't it be as simple as jtaging the pace box's....not that Im complaing too much.You get your correct bk at the end of the day and thats what matters :D :Cheers:

yea, i got docsis so i must be gettin false bk the davic way. thanks for that info monty. i will keep u guys updated on my progress.

Just tried the engineers menu way. I get the same result. But one thing to note is that when i removed the rom11 and done ocd in eng menu or in ld20 debug mode, i got the bk as follows, 00 00 00 00 bk bk bk bk ....... So thi ird was being given because the rom11 card was in there.

i still think its a false bk. Can anyone who got false bk's help. Isnt there another loaction to search for bk. or is it a case of getting my rom11 boc unlocked?

I just had this problem, so I decided to reflash the chip with another box using my willem, U have to reset the box by shorting the battery. But it works!

always leave a card in the box even if its upside down nawabasif did you have a mess around with the channel frequency????

also these boxes can b a c*nt to get the channels especially in tw area
this is what i do and have got it right so far(apart from 1)
talkback
place jtag on points get magnifier make sure nowts touching shove anycard in slot
boot box up into en menu
set net id using ocd/sdt
set frequency
reboot box with cable feed on
hold down ch- at ld40 let go keep it on until you get ch 0 on lcd(JTAG STILL ON)
then i reboot
connect sdt and get ird/bk

sometimes you may have to reboot box a few times to get the channels
and set ch frequency on the ones that have a black screen
if not leave it on the blank screen and it pic comes through eventually
always remeber when you do the final boot up LEAVE IT ALONE
it will come/off leave it until you get the channels on lcd cos some take time to map

hope it helps

yes mate. i will give it one last shot 2moz as im too tired 2day. i fink i may have been forgettin 2 look at the frequency. am i supposed to get bk while cable feed is in? also when u said u reboot with cable feed and do ld 40. do u do anything then or just reboot and not hole any buttons?

I swear if this works, i will owe u one big time.

just leave it and let it do its stuff you should get ch 0 on the lcd

i dun everything as u saidr. but i was still confused as to when to connect cable feed and when not to. i did net id and then i connected to cable feed and it updated and then it rebooted. by the way it said er65 on the lcd but the 6 was backwards, then pro9 then it rebooted. when it rebooted, the cable feed was still on, so then i waited toill ld40 came up and it came and went quckly, so i had to rebopot again and time it right, i held down until 0 came up. then i tried ocd, didnt work, then i rebooted and didnt hold down. tried ocd, still same result. tried ld20 without cable feed still nothing. booted engineers menu without and with cable feed and still same result.

lost cause it seems.

frequency was right and it appeared in 2 different menus. net id was cool. jtag was connected properly. sdt gave same results

if you got the 0 on lcd use the funcard with the same bk and ird put card in slot cable feed on power up leave it tell me what happens

i havent dun it, but when i did it last time, it would go to the last channel i was on, and it would be blank unless it was ch7. black screen and nothing else. now and next was working.

nawabasif said:
i havent dun it, but when i did it last time, it would go to the last channel i was on, and it would be blank unless it was ch7. black screen and nothing else. now and next was working.

if thats the case its definately the channel frequency change via eng menu you should get a pic

no its all correct. its 666.750 and the net id is 41050 . all set correctly. frequency in the first page and in the dvb demod or something page is the same.

Back