Strange Rant

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, maybe some people find this odd, but well that's just me :)

I'm quite picky (and my missus more than me) but i decided to update my alarm system (wireless so easy to install/configure etc), anyway I already have the same brand (just quite a bit older) and it false alarms every so often and it's seen better days as with anything that gets old, unfortunately they have since changed the frequency so had to replace all the sensors and contacts too, which is a bit of a pi$$er but well needs must i guess.

So looks around and decides to buy the one I want which has all the features I need, plus it's in a silver/black color so a) it keeps Mrs E happy because it matches the decor and b) it keeps me happy because I get no grief and it does what i want.

20080702_visonic_powermax_pro.jpg

So imagine my surprise today when it turns up and its all white and I get "It looks like something from the 70s" thrown at me as she walks past, which seems to be her common thing at the moment (don't even get me onto looking for fires for the last three weeks and the stand up argument if a fireplace store yesterday). The other one is it has a big blue logo in the middle and of a different company, so obviously they bought stock of somewhere ceasing to trade etc that had a custom setup.

bbsclogo.png

So thinking to myself its either have an argument at home or look like a tosser on the phone complaining about color and a logo, so decides to look like the tosser and call.

Guy actually starts to argue with me on the phone about how they haven't ceased trading whilst completely missing the point then goes on to say I can get the logo off with an ink rubber and they only sell white units......

Needless to say, I don't feel satisfied....

Send it back as it is not as photographed.
If she who must be obeyed is throwing comments already it will only be the start, until whatever offends her will have to be removed !
I know I have one..............SWMBO............Not the Alarm system !!

Send it back as it is not as photographed.
If she who must be obeyed is throwing comments already it will only be the start, until whatever offends her will have to be removed !
I know I have one..............SWMBO............Not the Alarm system !!

Already think I'm going to on that very premise

They might have some sort of disclaimer on the photo. Just use distance selling rules.

Checked their site and they have a no quibble money back guarantee anyway, so just going to return the lot.

Found what I needed elsewhere too, and although slightly more gives me a remote panel plus a wireless outside sounder.

KP_160_MKP_160_multi_img_final_500px.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got a link to where you bought it from please mate. Looks decent!

Buying the replacement from here, all in it's about £500 (with the additional sensors and panel etc)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I already have a PowerMax alarm system and really can't fault them.

Back