stopping xrated channels

zaf2002

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a 7 years old kid and I want to stop all the nude channel's e.g. playboy, sex channels. Can anyone help me how to do it.

Also when I installed the image, all the ppv channels was working, but now it says epg loading but then screen totally goes blank and nothing appears.

Can anyone please help....thanks in advance.

Zaf

If you want to get rid of xxx channels alltogether then copy your services.xml to your pc and delete the full line relevent to each channel then save services and copy back to box overwriting the original, they will no longer be on your box at all.
As for your ppv you have most likely gone to vod and wont get ppv channels at all.
Derek

derekwd said:
If you want to get rid of xxx channels alltogether then copy your services.xml to your pc and delete the full line relevent to each channel then save services and copy back to box overwriting the original, they will no longer be on your box at all.
As for your ppv you have most likely gone to vod and wont get ppv channels at all.
Derek

Derek, Thanks for your prompt reply, actually my friend installed everything for me, and its my first day on it. Can you please explain step by step what exactly I have to do to cancel xx channels and get ppv channels.

Thanks a lot.

If its not possible to connect to your pc, the best way would be press dbox button on remote, then service menu,then boquet editor, then green to add give it a name then go into the boquet you have just named and add put all xxx channels in it then press home on remote highlight the xxx boquet and press dbox button look at bottom right it will change to hide press blue, press dbox button again it will change to lock press blue, then press home a few times when it asks to save press red then press home again till all menus are gone.
Then press dbox button again and go to settings menu then parental lock, prompt for pin on locked boquets change pin to what you want.
A bit long winded but works when done, but like i said before to get rid of the channels alltogether edit them out with pc.

[Thanks so much derek, I will try this in the morning, this time my head is spinning.

I will let you know tomorrow if it works. I hope I don't loose all the other channels...I am totally novice in it.
:)

Just follow it step by step m8 and you should be ok, dont forget your pin number as you will not be able to get back into service menu without it.
any problems let us know we are all here to help.
derek

they still show as a channel on the screen, not sure if they still playing or not.

Is there anyway I can change the structure of channels, I mean to sort them out ..so they don't come as channel 1 or anything. Because they started appearing as channel 1, 2 and 5 or something. Thanks.

They should only be viewable if you red then blue for channel overveiw, no way of stopping this i am afraid, apart from editing them out of services.
If you have got a few boquets move the xxx boquet down near the bottom they will then be in the high channel Nos, the higher the better as it will take a lot longer to come to them in overview.
Can you connect the box to your pc, and if so can you ftp to it, if you can i will pm you my email addy and edit your services file for you.
What area are you in m8
derek

Last edited:
derekwd said:
They should only be viewable if you red then blue for channel overveiw, no way of stopping this i am afraid, apart from editing them out of services.
If you have got a few boquets move the xxx boquet down near the bottom they will then be in the high channel Nos, the higher the better as it will take a lot longer to come to them in overview.
Can you connect the box to your pc, and if so can you ftp to it, if you can i will pm you my email addy and edit your services file for you.
What area are you in m8
derek
i need my garden doing derekwd lol.......... naw just joking your a good man

derekwd said:
What area are you in m8
derek

Thanks for your help. I did not connected my dbox since all this christmas time, did not wanted my kid to be flicking through. I may try tonight to ftp it.
I live in Manchester, how about you?

hi what you need to do is make a seprate bouquets put all your unwanted channels adults etc in it and ftp and hide them.you won,t see them again

zaf2002 said:
Thanks for your help. I did not connected my dbox since all this christmas time, did not wanted my kid to be flicking through. I may try tonight to ftp it.
I live in Manchester, how about you?

I am in manchester area ( aprox 20 odd miles away from city centre, ex c&w area)
Good luck m8 with the ftp, plenty of help on here if you get stuck.
derek

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts to pm, not sure how many though.
I will pm you with my email addy and you can email me.
derek

zaf2002 said:
It says I dont have a permission. Or not sufficient privelage.

i had that prob too must be a big, just goto your PM inbox and start a new pm and type the username in manually :)

i need my garden doing derekwd lol.......... naw just joking your a good man

How to remove permanently unwanted channels.

Is there anyway similar to Dbox and dreambox removing those channels from technomate 500 super? please let me know. I am on satellite now instead of cable. Any help will be appreciateable. thanks in advance.

Back