stopping ps3 access to my wireless router

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys - how do i go about preventing the kids from playing ps3 online till the early hours of the morning ?....i have a tp link wireless router...how do i set it so it allows them (or the ps3) to connect to my wireless router only till say 10pmat night after that they cant connect....i presume it will be the same for other devices as well xbox360, other laptops etc.....bloody kids stay up noght playing online then stay aslleep all day....lol :grayno:

it's Christmas ! lol.....

have a look in your router see if you can find any "access control settings"

26-12-201217-42-00.jpg

Hmm a tough one.
Is the connection wired or wireless to the PS3? Wireless...you may have a schedule on when the wireless is broadcasted. So you can set it to go off after 10pm for example.
Wired... quality of service setting on the router...but that would probably not be something you could schedule.

Timer on the router to turn it off at the socket each night?

yes i do have access control settings in my tp link router, and the ps3 is wireless....but dont know what to set it to...think ill try first to see if it will work on my htc smartphone....to see if it will block access to it for a certain period of time...

Easy way would be is to go at take the ps3 out at 10pm that would stop them playing it after 10 lol :)

the ddwrt and tomato firmware have access control you can set for specific mac or ipaddress so only allows during a certain time frames

another way using ddwrt or tomato , is to set up a dedicate wireless ssid for the ps3 and then using the ifconfig command, down the specific wifi interface at a set time using a cron job and backup say in the morning

Easy just go into advanced settings on your router and apply a mac address filter from 10pm till 8am well on the virgin hub its easy :mad:)

Easy just go into advanced settings on your router and apply a mac address filter from 10pm till 8am well on the virgin hub its easy :mad:)
lol...yeah something like that. have virgin superhub, but use only in modem mode..well tried it yesterday to block ps3 but ended up blocking everything somehow, had to restore tp link to FACTORY SETTINGS..LOL

lol had to ave a chukle, ur better off letting them play it till they drop off to bed aint ya?
if not knock off upstairs breaker at fuse board!

Back