Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Still sufferin with Elvis

Bilbee

Inactive User
Ta for the reply Gazer,
Whats hapnin is this:connected 9v batt,
connected lead to com 1,
put in gold card,at this point no yellow light,click on autodetect,red light flashes on&off,get window(auto detect PIC smartcard)inside that window(multiprogrammer basic,version 3.5(firmware 1.5)(com1))then click ok:a window(present check 1&2)the red light then stays on until the programme finishes going through a check list.
Then i get a window saying(no standard PIC smartcard found)

Thats where im up to:to late about the grey hairs:can anybody see where i'm goin wrong,or is the programmer eft

Fristly Bilbee it would of been better if you had kept this topic runing with the original postings you did m8......
Right then Mickie or Wolverine can you shine any light on this i think that his Elvis could be naf..
As mine turns yellow when it's reading / programing the cards......
See his last postings (sufferin with Elvis in this forum) for full update on this topic please.......Gazer. :)

I know it sounds silly, but make sure your card is pushed right into the slot, I had some trouble with my elvis at first.

Also make sure that the coil on the bottom is ok and that the contacts are on the bottom of the card when you put it in.

Wolverine

Firstly have you tried more than 1 gold card as i have had a few dodgy cards before, try with normal PSU as sometimes batts have unstable I (I=current)

heres a little Ohms Law (dont ask me why)lol

V = Voltage
I = Current
R = Resistance

so V over I = R
and V over R = I
Then I times R = V or vice versa
(sorry i went on 1 Then, PAY NO ATTENTION TO ANY OF THAT)

i know it seems silly but is the card in the right way

it looks though you have a nackerd Elvis it....

:D

[ 30 May 2001: Message edited by: Mickie ]

Thanks m8s for all the advice,iwas just about 2 give in when i thought try on a dif computor,bugger me it all kicked in got as far as putting dbmg20hex file in which i downloaded from your goodselves,but could not find ONd-EEP.hex only found eeprom hex spose it has to be exact any idea where i could find this file

regards Bilbee ;)

No, it doesn't have to be exact, as long as it has some sort of resemblence to eeprom in the file name :)

You can use the one you have.

Wolverine

the file you need is the eeprom.hex

you programme that file first

then you programme the dbmg20.hex

make sure you do it in that order ;)

also set the fuses like this:

oscillator --- XT
Watchdog ---- Disabled
Power up ---- Disabled
Protection ---- Disabled

if you programme it like that it should work 100 % but if you have problems give us a post we will do are best to help :)

Thanx m8s had some great advice nearly there,
need to know how to get into the settings to set the fuses probably staring me right in the face

regards Bilbee :)

Right Bilbee if your useing an Elvis prog..
there are no fuse settings to touch as they load them selfs m8 just Click on file go to open then click you then should have two files saying june.hex and pic16f84.hex...
Hilight pic16f84 in your project window first then in your file window click open then it should load and do the same with the 24c16 then the june hex..... then press program hope that has help you a little....Gazer

When i click open in the file menu the only files i have are dbmg20hex & eeprom hex.
can i programme junes code in direct if so where can i find them

Ta Bilbee :)

Are you wanting to program the June codes in with the elvis programmer instead of using the remote?

Wolverine

Just picking up on what Gazer said in his last posting about when using elvis click on file,open and there will be 2 files,one being the june hex the other PIC16f84 hex...

Wolverine:..I've followed your tutorial on elvis & ihave the tree as follows.

-project
1 Pic+eeprom(D7C3)(i/o data on RB7 pin)
PIC16F84(D7C3)"c:\unzipped dbmg2\dbmg20hex
24C16"c:\unzipped\dbmg2\eeprom hex"

Then i hit program, Then put in junes codes with the remote...just get (FTA) can you see any errors

regards Bilbee :eek:

Thanx m8s,solved the problem,i was looking through flashlotus'post and decided to check Wolverines codes completely different but did the job.Like to dish out pats on the back to all couldn't have done it without yaal.

Great site ..regards bilbee :D :D

Back