still bad freezing.

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so im back on this freezing issue as its now p*****g me right off!.....a lot of channels like sport/discovery etc work great but im having issues with most fta channels12345 being the worst most times they don't clear and when they do they are un watchable,ive tried a different sub and was still the same so ruled that out, im running open atv 6.1 but tried 6.2 still the same.....correct net id is in for my area also, what else could it possibly be, image???

maybe someone could please kind enough to try my line on their box see how it is there?

cheers.

but im having issues with most fta channels12345

these channels will have nothing to do with your supplier or sub mate.
FTA channels do not rely on a CS to clear as they are Free To Air, you can watch these without a sub.

sounds to me as your having a signal problem rather than a line issue.
check all connectors / splitters are tight

Thanks mate,i would have put it down to a signal problem at mine as well but ive got the exact set up on two mates boxes and they are the same!......could it possibly be some settings within the image?

cheers.

Thanks mate,i would have put it down to a signal problem at mine as well but ive got the exact set up on two mates boxes and they are the same!......could it possibly be some settings within the image?

cheers.
Ive never tried open atv, ive always used openvix but ive never heard of a setting that would cause this.
Are your friends close by?
It may be caused by the signal being to high, depending on how sensitive the tuner in the zgemma is... you could try putting an attenuator in line to see if that helps.

I might try openvix just to rule that out, do you have a backup working image you could send?
they are both within a couple of miles, ive just ordered a attenuator to try as well.

Thanks for your help mate.

I might try openvix just to rule that out, do you have a backup working image you could send?
they are both within a couple of miles, ive just ordered a attenuator to try as well.

Thanks for your help mate.
It depends what zgemma you have mate, openvix didnt support the earlier zgemma's

Im not 100% but if yours is not supported, then there should be some versions on DW that should work on yours, ive got an edision mimi plus so my back up wouldnt be good for your zgemma...sorry pal.

not a problem mate ill have a look about....its a zgemma h2h

thanks again mate, appreciated.

Trouble is atv have fecked loads up with no softcams feed and that box is old and not supported by open vix.

Trouble is atv have fecked loads up with no softcams feed athat box is old and not supported by open vix.

Im not clued up on zgemma's but wouldnt there be a working back up on this site for that box? Including softcams etc

Edit: this this is 1: openvix-4.2.002.release-zgemma-h.2h

but im sure somebody will correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
Trouble is with old non supported images things are out of date as boxes had many issues and needed upgrading,eg.abm having issues and needing an upgrade for it to work correctly.
Ferret has posted links for softcams for ATV on forum for newer images.
Has this box got a swapfile and cacheflush running.
Many other makers are doing builds for boxes
Wooshbuild
Grog build
Dsayers
+ i imagine Atv on their site has a newer upto date image.
Working backup at that time might have been ok but many things might not be usable on newer images.

As said before cables and splitters have a big part to play in having issues with vm

these channels will have nothing to do with your supplier or sub mate.
FTA channels do not rely on a CS to clear as they are Free To Air, you can watch these without a sub.

sounds to me as your having a signal problem rather than a line issue.
check all connectors / splitters are tight
I think with 1-5 HD they will require a sub or CS.

Back